Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    miarose26

Hi Everyone,
    We have winfax pro 10 installed on a windows XP SP3 machine and lately it has been losing it’s autorecieve setting. It happens about once a day. The machine is using an Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem TAPI port . Not really sure what else to tell you?

The people I work for are really breathing down our necks so could someone please give us a hand?

Administrator
    Keymaster

how do you determine auto-receive is turned off? does it no longer show auto-receive active in WinFax settings? or does it just fail to answer the faxes ?

what do you do to get it to answer again?

there could be several reasons why this is happening, but the most common is some problem with the modem interacting with winfax, or there is some other software that is trying to take control of the modem.

do you have WinFax setup as TAPI , or direct com port mode? Under Tools, Setup, Modems & Communications Devices. Select the Modem and click Properties.

miarose26

Hi, thanks for your reply.
    WinFax is definately set up as TAPI. I can tell that auto recieve is off as the tick mark next to automatic recieve in the system tray is gone and the fax starts to print the faxes.
    To get it to answer again I just connect to the computer and set it to automatic recieve again – Only for it to switch off again a few days later. So obviously I am not addressing the underlying problem.

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

its possible there is some conflict. Does it report any error messages?

You could try changing it from TAPI to COMx (where x is the com port the modem is installed) eg. COM3

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.