Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

You can download a trial version of WinFax PRO 10 here:

{removed link..no longer valid}

Sorry, thought I would give you the error message, which is Error: 550 Dab Directory Components
    This comes up every time I try to download the software.

Many thanks,

Mike Mc.Knight

Anonymous

Thanks Mike, I will notify softpile that the link is no longer valid. I am currently downloading the program from this link:

http://www.tucows.com/

in the search box, enter “WinFax”

although the filename says “winfax4.zip” I believe it actually is a WinFax PRO 10 trial download, I will verify this.
    Thanks

Anonymous

although the filename says “winfax4.zip” I believe it actually is a WinFax PRO 10 trial download, I will verify this.Thanks

Just checked it, and yes, this file is WinFax PRO 10 trial. It is approx. 35 Mb in size.

darthphiber

I recently migrated the network from 98 to 2000. all the clients and host are on w2k pro machines running winfax pro 10.0. In the morning when a client tries to connect to the host machine to pull the newly received faxes the client barfs and throws a wfxctl32.exe error and shuts winfax down. Only after I mark all the currently ‘new’ faxes as read can I then connect. None of the faxes are marked as having a problem with being received. I have spoken with Symantec who has suggested that I reinstall, which I have numerous times with the same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

Administrator
    Keymaster

Quote: from darthphiber on 6:03 pm on Jan. 3, 2002
    I recently migrated the network from 98 to 2000. all the clients and host are on w2k pro machines running winfax pro 10.0. In the morning when a client tries to connect to the host machine to pull the newly received faxes the client barfs and throws a wfxctl32.exe error and shuts winfax down. Only after I mark all the currently ‘new’ faxes as read can I then connect. None of the faxes are marked as having a problem with being received. I have spoken with Symantec who has suggested that I reinstall, which I have numerous times with the same results. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

thank you

I have seen these problems with W2k and service packs for IE. Are you using IE 5.5? or 6.0? When I upgraded to Ie 5.5 I was having connect problems, once I downgraded to 5.0 all was working fine. I didn’t really do any further investigating on this problem, but you might want to consider it.
    Also, when this happens you have to completely shut down the Host machine, and restart. You can then connect with the Clients.

Hope that helps

darthphiber

I checked the IE versions and they are both 5.0 sp2 128 encryption. I have the clients connecting by ip which Symantec recommends. I know I am just over looking something silly. I’ll keep you posted

Administrator
    Keymaster

thats what I am using, the only difference is my Host is on Win98 and my client is W2k pro. It works well, and its TalkWorks PRO 3.0 too!

you might want to try shutting down other apps on the client machine when you try to connect. There might be a conflict with other software on the client.

darthphiber

sounds like a plan. I have a sneaky suspiscion that the person using the client is addicted to webshots. I assume this would be considered a TSR. Anyhow I will try that next. Thank you

Anonymous

I’m sure you were already told this, but make sure you are using the latest oleau32.dll which arrived with the Win2k SP2, we found this to be much more stable. Ensure that the Dcoms are all the same for all machines and that you all clients are within the same segment, i.e. no routers, gateways, etc., inbetween the clients and the host – all must be hanging off the same hub.

Administrator
    Keymaster

I sent you a private message about this with my configuration. I am using TalkWorks PRO 3.0 but it should be the same for WinFax 9.0 or 10.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.