Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Makno

Here’s my problem. I can open up Microsoft Works files just fine but for some reason attaching Works files with WinFax Pro is causing Works to just hang(and never get past the Works splash screen). It just recently started doing this. I have not reinstalled WinFax Pro yet but that is going to be my next step unless someone has a suggestion for me. Thanks!

Administrator
    Keymaster

its been a long time since I’ve used MS Works, but you might want to try and see if the problem isn’t specific with Works first. Try attaching a .txt file to see if the problem occurs with only MS Works files.

what happens when you right-click a Works file in Explorer, and select “Print” ?

i’m having this same problem. I select “print” but it only gives me the XP fax program not winfax. I will try to attach a txt file to see if that works. I don’t even see where the command is works IS to fax threw winfax.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@thesilfieszone wrote:

i’m having this same problem. I select “print” but it only gives me the XP fax program not winfax. I will try to attach a txt file to see if that works. I don’t even see where the command is works IS to fax threw winfax.

Microsoft’s fax driver for Windows XP is named “Fax” and WinFax is named “WinFax” and “WinFax (Photo Quality)”

print to one of the WinFax drivers, and the WinFax Send Dialog should appear (if WinFax is properly installed and working)

@Moderator wrote:

@thesilfieszone wrote:

Microsoft’s fax driver for Windows XP is named “Fax” and WinFax is named “WinFax” and “WinFax (Photo Quality)”

print to one of the WinFax drivers, and the WinFax Send Dialog should appear (if WinFax is properly installed and working)

it doesn’t. at all. I can load winfax, but it doesn’t seem that i can attach anything. Should i re-install?

I remember when i installed winfax, that i had to start the computer in safe mode to install it because the setup.exe file wouldn’t work.

Administrator
    Keymaster

if the winfax drivers don’t appear as printers, then Winfax has not been properly installed.

you can’t attach, or send faxes (other than winfax cover pages) if the winfax printer driver does not exist.

@Moderator wrote:

if the winfax drivers don’t appear as printers, then Winfax has not been properly installed.

you can’t attach, or send faxes (other than winfax cover pages) if the winfax printer driver does not exist.

your so F*ing helpfull. Thanks SO MUCH!!!

So i guess i should try a re-install.

I’ve been threw HELL with this issue. The doctor that asked me to do this just bought a BRAND NEW computer for this. and it came with VISTA.

I had to uninstall everything (first i had to extract the hard drive and install xp from another computer.) then i had to play with the BIOS to get it to recognize the new HD, in reinstall all the drivers. And i just THOUGHT i was almost done.

looking back i guess i didn’t have to uninstall everything, because i thought it wouldn’t work with vista. because i was able to install it but i kept getting the “no carrier” message. Maybe it WOULD have worked with vista.

this explains why i can’t attach anything.

THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Administrator
    Keymaster

WinFax PRO does not work with VISTA. The printer drivers are incompatible and will NOT install.

if the drivers are not installed (for Windows XP), you can try running INSPRINT.EXE from the WinFax directory. That might automatically install the drivers for you.

Edited By Moderator on 1189055455

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.