Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Sometimes I have trouble sending a fax that has some graphics on it and get a ‘Fax/modem underrun on last attempt’ error. Does anyone know why I’m getting this message? I’ve tried turning off the options on the fax tab for the modem properties, but still can only fax about 40% of the document at which time I get the error.

Administrator
    Keymaster

what type of modem, phone line (voIP or POTS) are you using? and what are the settings in WinFax PRO?
    Class ?

Anonymous

Thanks for your interest. I spoke with the modem manufacturer. They’ve seen this problem to be due to something being corrupt?? Suggested reinstalling WinFax Pro software. This resolved the issue.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@GFS wrote:

Thanks for your interest. I spoke with the modem manufacturer. They’ve seen this problem to be due to something being corrupt?? Suggested reinstalling WinFax Pro software. This resolved the issue.

depends on the modem, a simple initialization change or class change can sometimes solve the problem.

NAM

I am having this exact same provblem. Tried reinstalling Winfax with no luck. I am using an LG VX8300 with Bluetooth connection. It connects to the remote end, gets to where it’s starting to send data, and errors out. Says “fax/modem underrun on last attempt”. Any ideas? Thanks!

Administrator
    Keymaster

sending faxes via cell phone devices with WinFax is not reliable, since Winfax was never designed or tested for many of these new devices on the market today, especially using a wireless connection like Bluetooth. You can try setting the maximum transmit speed to a lower value, turning off flow control, ecm settings etc. If possible, change the class of the modem from Class 1 to Class 2 or Class 2.0 (or vice -versa) if your device supports it.

its possible that the modem initialization string needs to be altered for your specific type of fax device, a modem test should report the ATI values to indicate the type of fax modem device that is installed.

Edited By Moderator on 1188766076

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.