Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi all,
    I’m new to Faxing with my pc – since I dropped my trusty old phone fax yesterday 🙁 I know this is probably a dumb question but here goes anyhow!
    Is it necesary to leave my pc running on full 24 hours a dayy to get faxes or is it possible to hibernate/standby & have Winfax bring it back on when there is an incoming fax outside my office hours? Can’t get it to do it.
    I’m using Winfax pro 10.0 on windows ME.
    Thanks

Anonymous

this won’t work with WinFax, winfax has never been able to properly use the features of hibernation, or “wake-on-ring” that is built into many PCs. You need to have your PC on and ready to answer a call (in auto-receive mode), or else WinFax won’t receive the fax. In some cases, even turning on power saving features (such as power-down hard drives after XX minutes of inactivity) can cause the fax not to be received properly.

Anonymous

So any ideas about an alternative fax package that will do this? Would be a shame tho, I really like Winfax apart from this problem.
    Tubs

Anonymous

sorry, don’t know any others that would support that feature.

mdavidson

Another option to consider is Concord’s Universal Mailbox service which is already built into WinFax 9 and 10. This service will allow WinFax users to receive faxes (and voicemail messages) via an 800 number, and then have those faxes delivered directly into WinFax PRO when that computer is connected to the Internet (regardless of whether the connection is dial-up, DSL, Cable, T-1, Satellite, etc.). Faxes (as well as voice mail messages) can also be accessed directly online via the Concord Message Center. More info on this service is available by clicking on the banner link at the top of this page, or by visiting http://www.concordfax.com. Concord Technologies

Edited By Moderator on June 30 2002 at 18:14

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.