Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    sudzmcs

Hi,

WE just had to do a major system restore at work. I cannot get winfax pro to finish the install program. It will not allow me to enter the fax number or the phone number. I have downloaded all the links and fixes and nothing has fixed the problem.

We are running win XP home on a HP AMD desktop. The program was working great up until last week when we had to do a system restore.

Please let me know if you need anymore details on what we have.

Please help me through this! Winfax pro is a great program and we would like to continue using it.

Administrator
    Keymaster

the first step is to ensure the installation is complete and successful. When you get to the screen to enter the fax number and CSID, DO NOT click on any of these fields and just click “NEXT”.

Once the install has completed ,
    download winfaxtoolsfull.exe from the download area (patches & updates section)

download fix for all Premium Support Subscribers:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/patches/index.php
    WinFaxToolsFull.exe

run the program and then click “Fix Entry Problem” button. Follow the steps in the dialog box that opens.

Once completed, reboot the computer.

Click on Start, All Programs, Symantec WinFax PRO, Program Setup.
    Click on User.
    Enter your fax number and CSID here.

If you can enter the fax number or CSID, then you are done . If you still cannot enter the fax number or CSID
    then run winfaxtoolsfull.exe , click Fix Entry Problem Button and perform the steps again but uncheck the ” Text services” box and reboot.

Edited By Moderator on 1211433565

sudzmcs

Sounds good to me!

I will try that tomorrow when I get to work and let you know.

Thanks very much!

Regards,
    Josh

Administrator
    Keymaster

I don’t know if your system restore is related to this problem, but just in case, i’ll mention it since you’re using an AMD HP PC. I suggest you read this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Windows-XP-SP3,5334.html

sudzmcs

Your instructions worked! WINFAX is running again!

And yes I downloaded the SP3 and the world went to hell very quickly last thursday evening.

Thankfully another co-worker got most programs working again friday morning.

Thanks very much for all your help.

This site is an amazing resource for all winfax users.

Best Regards,
    Josh Piela

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.