Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

For the last few months now, after logging into Windows 2000 Pro, WFXCTL32.exe gets started and just sits there consumming most of the CPU resources. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn’t. To say the least, this is very annoying. I’ve let the process run thinking that it’s trying to reconcile itself. After a while, I can not get control and am forced to power down my system. Since I need WinFax ready to receive at all times, my work-around has been to start up the Task Manager as soon as I get logged on. Then if WFXCTL32.exe doesn’t settle down, I terminate the process, wait for the system to settle down and then manually start the process up. All is well then. Does anyone know what’s going on with this process that it acts so unpredictable?

Administrator
    Keymaster

it may be your WinFax logs causing the problem, or/and the WinFax Service starting with Windows 2000.

Anonymous

Could you please elaborate …
    WinFax logs?
    WinFax startup w/Windows 2000?

Administrator
    Keymaster

if your default send/receive logs are corrupt, there could be a problem with WinFax starting, as these logs are loaded at startup. Larger logs slow WinFax down and can cause problems.

WinFax loads a service by default in Windows XP/2000. This service allows you to receive faxes while you are logged off Windows. You can try disabling this service from Windows Services, or disable it under WinFax Controller option in setup.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.