Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bumper

Due to the wonders of Microsoft’s Windows XP SP3 update, I had to reinstall the operating system to recover from the disaster created. As a result, I reinstalled WinFax Pro 10 from the original install CD and when I tried to update to the last version, 10.02 or 10.03. I think, the Live Update did not work. Any suggestions as to how I can get to the last version and which one was it?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

There are no LiveUpdates available for any revision of WinFax PRO 10. For a brief period in early 2001. there was a 10.0->10.01 Liveupdate but it was removed and replaced with version 10.02 that was only available as a new installation. 10.03 was the same, released only as a new installation. Version 10.04 update deals specific with Fax Sharing and Windows XP and can only be installed over an existing 10.03 installation and is not available via LiveUpdate (requires manual download and install from Symantec’s Web site)

Check Help, About .. in WinFax to determine the revision you have installed. Either you never had 10.02 or 10.03 installed and were always using version 10.0, or re-installed from an older install CD or install image.

Bumper

Thanks for the information. I reinstalled from the original CD I had purchased and the version, per the about Winfax Pro screen, is 10.0. Can I geet the 10.02 or 10.03 from Symantec, and if so, how?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Symantec will not likely assist with any WinFax issues regarding obtaining install images or CDs of the software. If you no longer have the original 10.03 CD version or a backup, you’d have to re-purchase the software from a third-party that has discontinued Symantec software. If your going to purchase it, make sure it is version 10.03 and NOT 10.02

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.