Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have just started having a problem with Winfax Pro 10.0.
    It has worked for years with little problems but now on a new computer running XP pro, Winfax will answer the call but then hang-up in the middle of recieving. Winfax seemed to work for a week or 2 on the new computer but now won’t recieve anything. Any help is appreciated!

Anonymous

Need more details, what type of fax modem are you using? Is this a problem with a specific fax machine/computer or does it happen with all faxes you’ve tried to receive (from different locations)
    does it answer the phone? do you see negotiating with the speed displayed? does the speed drop (14,400, 9600, 7200 etc.) ?

Anonymous

I am using a Conexant D850 56k D.9x DFVC modem.
    It happens with every incoming fax.
    Winfax opens to answer call but does not negotiate then immediately hangs up before the incoming fax tone is even heard.
    Incoming fax is then shown in winfax as a failed recieve.
    Thanks

Anonymous

@Dotmar wrote:

I am using a Conexant D850 56k D.9x DFVC modem.
    It happens with every incoming fax.
    Winfax opens to answer call but does not negotiate then immediately hangs up before the incoming fax tone is even heard.
    Incoming fax is then shown in winfax as a failed recieve.
    Thanks

Have you tried installing these drivers for the modem?

Release Title: Communications: Conexant 56K V.9x DFVc Modem, D850 56K V.9X PCI DF Modem ULD, Driver, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Multi Language, Multi System, v.7.06.00, A02
    Release Date: 11/21/2005
    Criticality: Recommended
    Description: Conexant D850 56K V.9x Data Fax Voice Capable Modem Driver

http://ftp.us.dell.com/comm/R73044.EXE

Anonymous

Yes, I have. There is no difference.
    It seems as though maybe something else is trying to take over the line as Winfax answers the call, but I cannot figure out what it may be. I have tried uninstalling a number of other programs that may possibly have any association with the modem.

waverush

@Moderator wrote:

Is this a problem with a specific fax machine/computer or does it happen with all faxes you’ve tried to receive (from different locations)
    does the speed drop (14,400, 9600, 7200 etc.) ?

I’VE BEEN SEARCHING FOR THIS ANSWER. A LEXMARK1600 ALL-IN-ONE (OR CLOSE TO THAT NUMBER) SENDS FAXES TO OUR WINFAX PRO 10. I WATCH THE NEGOTIATION, IT CONNECTS AND THEN THE SPEED DROPS ON DIFFERENT PAGES LIKE YOU DESCRIBED. WHAT IS THAT? IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO. I DOUBT THEY CAN UPDATE ANYTHING
    IT FINALLY REJECTS THE ENTIRE FAX.

Administrator
    Keymaster

some possible reasons could be specific WinFax modem settings, such as modem initialization string or modem class setting (class 1, class 2, or class 2.0).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.