Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Ok we have WinFax Pro here at our office. On this CPU that I am using everytime I shut the CPU down and then restart it, it always wants me to reinstall the WINFAX PRO program?!?@?!?!? Why? Did I initially install it wrong or what? Please help. All of our other computers here with WinFax do not do this! Either message back on here or you can send an email to [email protected], and please put ANDREA-WINFAX HELP in the subject line! Thank you very much! I hope to hear from someone soon! :angry:

Anonymous

Ok I just restarted the CPU to see what it says and it says winfax pro setup everytime at startup.. And it wants me to put in the fax # and information. I do it everytime!!! How can I get around this! Thank you!

Anonymous

Couple things to check (if doesn’t work, or does not apply, skip to next step):

1. remove configuration wizard

To remove the Configuration Wizard icon from the Startup group:

After you reboot and the setup appears,
    Click Cancel in the Configuration Wizard, and then click Yes to confirm the cancellation.
    Right-click Start, click Open, and then double-click Programs.
    Double-click StartUp, select the Configuration Wizard icon, and then press Delete to delete it from the StartUp folder.
    Close all open windows, and then restart the computer.

2. If that does not work, follow these steps:
    WTNSETUP starts everytime you boot Windows

Anonymous

@LOCKSUP wrote:

Ok I just restarted the CPU to see what it says and it says winfax pro setup everytime at startup.. And it wants me to put in the fax # and information. I do it everytime!!! How can I get around this! Thank you!

Does it allow you to enter a fax number/CSID and continue wit hthe install by checking modems , etc?
    or does it quit immediately after entering a CSID/Fax Number. If it does quit, then you need to read the topic
    “WinFax PRO hangs when entering Phone Numbers, CSID, IP Addresses” etc. to solve this problem.

Anonymous

Ohh thank you for replying!!! Ok well it wants me to enter the information and then it goes through all of the steps… Then it does the liveupdate thing…….

Anonymous

@LOCKSUP wrote:

Ohh thank you for replying!!! Ok well it wants me to enter the information and then it goes through all of the steps… Then it does the liveupdate thing…….

ok, if it goes through all the steps properly and then asks you to reboot (and if when you do, it goes through all the steps again) then you need to follow the instructions I posted above regarding removing the configuration wizard from the startup folder, or the 2nd step on removing WTNSETUP from starting when Windows starts.

Anonymous

Ok well I did the first step and the file wasnt there to delete anyways. But I did do the 2nd one. I am going to restart and pray that it works. I will get back to you and let you know thank you for taking the time to help me.

Anonymous

@LOCKSUP wrote:

Ok well I did the first step and the file wasnt there to delete anyways. But I did do the 2nd one. I am going to restart and pray that it works. I will get back to you and let you know thank you for taking the time to help me.

Ok, yes, the first solution doesn’t always work (because the file is not in your startup folder) that is why I included the 2nd solution.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.