Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kaboondy
    Participant

I have recently become a member of this forum and have found excellent information on issues that I did not have answers to. I have downloaded WinFax Tools in order to solve the problem of “move/copy disk space error” – unfortunately I do not have access to internet in my office where the issues are. There are several other problems that WinFax Tools apparently can fix.

Is there a way to fix the issues (and make WinFax Tools solve them) without an internet connection? My operating system is WIN 2000 and I am using WinFax version 10.03

I would appreciate any help available.

Administrator
    Keymaster

If you are require to apply the “Move/Copy Free Disk Space” patch to a machine where there is no internet access, you can download the file directly from here and then copy and run on your Windows 2000 PC where WinFax PRO is installed.

http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/patches/index.php?file=WfxFreeDiskSpacePatch.exe

kaboondy
    Participant

Thank you and I will report to you on how this worked.

Can you also advise if there is way to deal with the issue of the client computer indicating the fax was not sent with an “X” mark (indicating that the host did not properly supply the information on the fax) while the Host indicates the fax was sent correctly with a check mark on the fax. I understand from another post that it is a time syncronization issue between the two computers; how does one synchronize time between 4 computers? The symantec webpage that is listed on the post does not work. Would this be also fixed with WinFax Tools?

Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Can you also advise if there is way to deal with the issue of the client computer indicating the fax was not sent with an “X” mark (indicating that the host did not properly supply the information on the fax) while the Host indicates the fax was sent correctly with a check mark on the fax. I understand from another post that it is a time syncronization issue between the two computers; how does one synchronize time between 4 computers? The symantec webpage that is listed on the post does not work. Would this be also fixed with WinFax Tools?

I have posted a reply to this in the appropriate forum here:
    viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1671

kaboondy
    Participant

Downloaded the file as per your shortcut. When I tried to install into the office compute (with WIN2000 and no internet access) a small window opened indicating there would be a post when the change was done – unfortunately there was no post and the issue still remains. I assume the program looks for the internet access for validation and simply quits when no internet access is found.

Can you please advise if I can download the file and “activate” on my home computer and then take “the activated copy” to the office and use it – do you think that would work? There are a number of features that are on the WinFax tools that would also be helpful for my office WinFax server system.

Thank you for responding so promptly.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@kaboondy wrote:

Downloaded the file as per your shortcut. When I tried to install into the office compute (with WIN2000 and no internet access) a small window opened indicating there would be a post when the change was done – unfortunately there was no post and the issue still remains. I assume the program looks for the internet access for validation and simply quits when no internet access is found.

Can you please advise if I can download the file and “activate” on my home computer and then take “the activated copy” to the office and use it – do you think that would work? There are a number of features that are on the WinFax tools that would also be helpful for my office WinFax server system.

Thank you for responding so promptly.

Check Add/Remove Programs , do you have a “WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO Compatibility Fix” entry there? If it is displayed, then the patch was applied successfully.
    If it did not apply correctly, then its possible that you may be missing the Windows Application Compatibility Toolkit (ACT) files that are required for the patch to work. These should be included in Windows 2000 (I believe it was introduced after Service Pack 2). Search your Windows 2000 PC for the file “SDBINST.exe” and take note of the location where it is installed. Then, copy the patch file you downloaded to this location and execute the patch file from the same location where the “SDBINST.exe” file is located.

WinFax Tools checks for activation every time you use it. So it doesn’t just check the one time.

kaboondy
    Participant

Unfortunately, the program was not listed in the Add/Remove Programs. The SDBINST.exe file was not found in the system either. I am not sure how to get this file (tried to do a Google search but not successful with the microsoft website). Is there something else that you would suggest. I believe the WIn2000 install is SP4 and also has the post SP4 rollup installed as well.

Any further suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@kaboondy wrote:

Unfortunately, the program was not listed in the Add/Remove Programs. The SDBINST.exe file was not found in the system either. I am not sure how to get this file (tried to do a Google search but not successful with the microsoft website). Is there something else that you would suggest. I believe the WIn2000 install is SP4 and also has the post SP4 rollup installed as well.

Any further suggestions would be very helpful.

Thank you.

Do you have access to a Windows XP machine ? Try searching for the SDBINST.exe file on the Windows XP machine and copy it to the Windows 2000 PC.

kaboondy
    Participant

There are three version of the file on the XP computer. I assume two are storage sites (located in the “Service pack files”) while the third is the active file and presumaby all the same. I will try your suggestion and report to you. Thank you.

I can now report back to the forum that I copied the file “SBDINST.EXE” from the WINXP computer and pasted into the WINNT folder on C drive and then activated the Program from the forum – this time it posted a reponse that it completed the install and the problem of not enough space seems to have been resolved. This has only been tested for a few minutes so I will report if there are any lingering issues.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!! 😀 😉

Administrator
    Keymaster

Good to hear that worked out .

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.