Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    ajflolo

I’m so frustrated by this. WinFax was working just fine up until a couple of days ago. Now it won’t send or receive, and I get “no dial tone” errors. My modem tests fine, the phone company says the line if fine. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled the software. Nothing. At this point I don’t know what to do and would appreciate any help! Thanks,
    Julie

Administrator
    Keymaster

this could be any number of problems, the first is check to see if any dialing prefixes, or calling cards etc. are setup in WinFax. confirm your dialing settings in WinFax

also make sure you do have a dial tone when you pick up the phone, not a broken dial tone like when a “message is waiting” (if you have the answering machine service from your telephone company)
    if so, you’re modem may be detecting “No dial tone” because of this broken dial tone.

also try connecting your phone line directly from the modem to the telephone wall jack, bypassing any splitters or other devices you might have connected (like a physical fax machine, telephones etc.)

and if that didn’t help, and winfax settings seem to be OK for dialing, then try re-configuring the modem in WinFax.

In the Modems and Communication Devices setup, select your modem and then
    hold shift, and click Properties
    This will reconfigure your fax modem in WinFax.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.