Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Tinsby

The Scan and Send doesn’t work from the Message Manager as it once did, yet it works from the icon in the tooltray! Must I remove and re-install to fix this problem?

OS is XP SP3 with all updates in place.

Thank you,

Tinsby 😀

Administrator
    Keymaster

what is the error message when you attempt a Scan & Send from the Fax Manager? Is it a MSCTF .dll type error message ? are you using an HP Scanner/Printer All in One device?

We have encountered this problem before, and if I recall correctly, it can be corrected with the Fix Number Entry option in WinFax Tools. Although I am not 100% sure on that.

Tinsby

Thanks and hello,

I am not getting any error at all when I hit the Scan and Send button, it’s just that nothing happens at all. Seems odd that it did work for the longest time now it won’t. But as I say if I want to ignore it I can still get to the option by using the tooltray Message Manager.

I also find that the “Send New Fax” button does nothing in the Main Message Manager window, but it works from the tooltray.

Weird eh?

J T

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes this is not normal. Are those the only two menu options from Fax Manager that fail ?

Tinsby

@Moderator wrote:

Yes this is not normal. Are those the only two menu options from Fax Manager that fail ?

Yes it seems they are the only 2 that won’t work. I tried all the others and although they seem really slow to respond they do work. I was tempted to try and run the diagnostic utility but not knowing what it does I let it alone.

I just may blow the whole thing out and re-install it if you think that’s the only way to get it going again. Somehow it must be corrupted the machine is fine otherwise though and I don’t use Winfax all that often so I can’t say when the trouble really started.

Regards,

J T

Tinsby

After numerous re-installs I was unable to repair the condition I started with. The “Scan and Send” only works from the tooltray, but I suppose it’s better than not working at all. Why it’s doing what it’s doing I don’t know

I did have a lot of trouble entering a CLSID, in fact I was unable to enter one I had to bypass that screen entirely, every time I’d enter something and hit TAB or ENTER the screen would disappear! I finally just ignored it and continued with the install.

I guess I have to settle for it working the way it does, better than not at all.

Tinsby

Administrator
    Keymaster

Sounds like a compatibility issue. You probably need to run a compatibility check in WinFax Tools, and then use the Fix Number Entry option in WinFax Tools.

Tinsby

@Moderator wrote:

Sounds like a compatibility issue. You probably need to run a compatibility check in WinFax Tools, and then use the Fix Number Entry option in WinFax Tools.

Yeah… if I knew that paying for the program would guarantee a fix I’d do it. But as we all know it’s s shot in the dark whether or not it will fix it minor trouble.

Thanks tho’

J T

Administrator
    Keymaster

We have a 30 day guarantee, so if it doesn’t fix it and you let us know (and we can’t fix it with additional help) we’ll refund your purchase. Simple as that.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.