Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    MilestoneMan

I had this happen once before, but that was when Symantec was supporting the product. I don’t want to change to another faxing system. Last time they walked me through cleaning up the registry and it worked. Now I need to find out how to do this again and start using WinFax again. I want to return to paperless! :angry:

Administrator
    Keymaster

try running WTNSETUP.EXE in the WinFax directory to reconfigure WinFax

MilestoneMan

Thanks, but how do I do that? ???

Brian

MilestoneMan

Dear Moderator,
    The running of WTNSETUP.EXE didn’t work. It still won’t fax anything except their cover sheets. How do I find and clear up anything in the registries?

???

Administrator
    Keymaster

do you have the WinFax PRO printer drivers installed? you should have the WinFax PRO driver and the WinFax PRO Photo Quality driver installed with WinFax PRO 10.0x

If you don’t have the drivers installed, then with WinFax PRO 10 you can use the Maintenance tool to reinstall the drivers.

If you have the printer drivers installed, then here are some suggestions:

1. In WinFax Setup, go to “Call Status and Controller” option.
    Disable *uncheck* the option “Allow sending and receiving when logged off” option.
    click Apply, then OK.
    Exit the WinFax Controller if it is active (right click the yellow icon in the system tray and Exit)

2. The WinFax Service (for Windows XP/2000/NT only)

The WinFax Service answers calls when Windows is logged off. If you are using Windows NT/2000/XP, you should also turn off the WinFax Service. This can be done in the Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Services. (You can also do this by clicking START, RUN and typing SERVICES.MSC and click Run.)

Locate the “TalkWorks PRO” or “WinFax PRO” service, double-click and change the startup setting from “Automatic” setting to “Manual”. Also click on STOP to stop the service. Reboot the computer and then go back to the Services in the Control Panel and verify that the WinFax or TalkWorks service is set to “Manual” and is NOT started.

Note: You can turn this back to Automatic after you’ve resolved any problems with WinFax if you want to receive or send faxes while the computer is logged off in Windows XP/2000/NT.

Now, Start WinFax PRO controller first and try to see if you can print to the WinFax PRO printer driver correctly.

MilestoneMan

Thanks, but none of that helped. I know WinFax pretty well, having used it for 10 years. I know that last time this happened, it was resetting the registry that helped, but now it’s not a supported product by Symantec.

Any ideas on how to do the registry settings?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@MilestoneMan wrote:

Thanks, but none of that helped. I know WinFax pretty well, having used it for 10 years. I know that last time this happened, it was resetting the registry that helped, but now it’s not a supported product by Symantec.

What version of WinFax PRO and Windows are you using?

there are a lot of registry settings in WinFax. Finding which specific registry setting (if any) that is corrupt depends exactly where the problem exists. Usually, running WTNSETUP will rebuild any missing settings. It may not properly repair an existing setting that is corrupt. The maintenance tool in WinFax PRO 9/10 does allow you to “reset” some registry keys.

Do you have the printer driver installed? I assume you do, since you wouldn’t be able to print to WinFax in any other application.

What happens when you click on FILE, PRINT and select WinFax as the printer? Does the Send Dialog box appear? Does only the cover page (if selected) appear with the printed document missing from the view in the Send dialog box?

MilestoneMan

I’m running 10.03 and I do have the WinFax default printers, and it will show the cover sheets, just not any type of document that needs to be printed. I ran everything you suggested and I guess I need to try to find out which registries are corrupt. It’s the only thing I can think of. Any suggestions on resetting registry values or settings?

MilestoneMan

@Moderator wrote:

@MilestoneMan wrote:

What version of WinFax PRO and Windows are you using?

there are a lot of registry settings in WinFax. Finding which specific registry setting (if any) that is corrupt depends exactly where the problem exists. Usually, running WTNSETUP will rebuild any missing settings. It may not properly repair an existing setting that is corrupt. The maintenance tool in WinFax PRO 9/10 does allow you to “reset” some registry keys.

Do you have the printer driver installed? I assume you do, since you wouldn’t be able to print to WinFax in any other application.

What happens when you click on FILE, PRINT and select WinFax as the printer? Does the Send Dialog box appear? Does only the cover page (if selected) appear with the printed document missing from the view in the Send dialog box?

Yes, a send dialog box shows up when I print to WinFax. It just doesn’t show a document except the cover sheets.

noosh

have you had any luck fixing your printing problem. I am having the same problem & can’t figure it out ?

acer21

I am having the same problem. When I try to drag in drop or print to the fax printer driver, I get the send dialog window with just a coverpage. I have tried both the fax and photo fax quality drivers. Re-installed several times. but no go. It looks like it prints to the program, there is no print errors and I can see in the lower left hand corner that it is printing then it says ready and nothing comes out? xp pro sp2 winfax pro 10.3

Administrator
    Keymaster

what application are you printing from? have you tried notepad to see if the send dialog box appears with the contents of the notepad document?

pepper

Hi, i am having the same problem as those two guys…
    I tried to print from notepad, it doesn’t work…

I even right click winfax in the control panel/printer to ‘test print’ a page….
    STILL only the cover letter appear without anything attachment…

I have tried uninstalling, even wipe out all the registry… and then install again, NOT WORKING…

I m using SP2, winfax 10.03… I dun use outlook at all too… :angry:

rgb

Hello,

I had the same problem, sending a fax through the SDK functions does not work with version 10.3 on XP-PRO-SP2, only a cover page was created, but without any data. All the data files (*.fxd) were perfectly well created in “c:” instead of “c:program filesdelfaxdonnees” (it is a french version).

I installed back the 10.0 version instead and everything works perfectly as it always did in the past !

I did many tries, so I am afraid that version 10.3 does not work with SDK functions and XP… (I did not try 10.4).

Administrator
    Keymaster

@rgb wrote:

Hello,

I had the same problem, sending a fax through the SDK functions does not work with version 10.3 on XP-PRO-SP2, only a cover page was created, but without any data. All the data files (*.fxd) were perfectly well created in “c:” instead of “c:program filesdelfaxdonnees” (it is a french version).

I installed back the 10.0 version instead and everything works perfectly as it always did in the past !

I did many tries, so I am afraid that version 10.3 does not work with SDK functions and XP… (I did not try 10.4).

version 10.03 (English) does work with the SDK, but version 10.03 of Delrina Fax, I believe does not. ( I believe it is actually a 10.02 version called 10.03)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.