Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    stormbull

In attempting to install WinFax 10.03, I continually am faced with a display notice which says that I cannot access Message Manager as WFXllF32.dll is not installed. When I try to instal WFXllF32.dll, I am told that I am missing MFXUT32l.dll. I am a novice computer user and am unable to utilize my Winfax program. Any help would be appreciated.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@stormbull wrote:

In attempting to install WinFax 10.03, I continually am faced with a display notice which says that I cannot access Message Manager as WFXllF32.dll is not installed. When I try to instal WFXllF32.dll, I am told that I am missing MFXUT32l.dll. I am a novice computer user and am unable to utilize my Winfax program. Any help would be appreciated.

I would suggest you uninstall using Add/Remove Programs first, then reinstall WinFax PRO 10.03

stormbull

I have removed the program and reinstalled it three times to no avail. I still get the same display message and am unable to access the message manager. I have found the subject files on the program disk but,when told to reinstall the program, I am right back where I started.

Administrator
    Keymaster

It appears that the install is not completing properly. Do you get to the part where you select a fax modem ? and where WinFax detects the modem?

eventually. you should get to a screen where LiveUpdate appears and asks if you want to check for updates. Do you see this screen at the end of the install?

stormbull

I also feel that the installation is not completing properly.
    It does get to the part wherein I select a modem and it further tests the modem and reports as to its capabilities and that it is functioning. After that, it does get to the screen that asks about live updates and I agree to do that. When all is said and done, I try to click on the message manager and that’s when I am told that I am lacking the files as stated in my original post.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@stormbull wrote:

I also feel that the installation is not completing properly.
    It does get to the part wherein I select a modem and it further tests the modem and reports as to its capabilities and that it is functioning. After that, it does get to the screen that asks about live updates and I agree to do that. When all is said and done, I try to click on the message manager and that’s when I am told that I am lacking the files as stated in my original post.

go to the WinFax folder (in program fileswinfax or program filessymantecwinfax) and double-click the WTNSETUP.EXE file. Follow the setup steps again and see if this resolves the issue

stormbull

Sorry – I have run out of time. I finally uninstalled it and reinstalled WinFax Pro 10. I’m off on a Christmas holiday and will fight with it once again when I return. WFPro10 is not supposed to work on XP……….but it does.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Actually, WinFax PRO does work with Windows XP. The problem is with something blocking your installation.
    It could be one of the programs that are starting with Windows, an anti-virus or anti-spyware application or another application. In addition, you need to install WinFax while logged into Windows XP as an Administrator (or a user with Admin access).

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.