Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DavidPollack
    Participant

Using your components to monitor Faxes coming into a PC. Our application is setup to print the faxes to a network printer as there are problems with printing directly to network printer in WinFaxPro.

If WinFaxPro is canceled due to a power failure the connection between our app using NWFax and WinFax is broken and we no longer see incoming faxes.

Programmer is preparing a detailed description of what is occuring.

DavidPollack
    Participant

There is a problem with communication between NNWFax component and WinFax Pro application.
    Everything works OK, when NNWFax component is being created, and it runs the WinFax Pro.
    But, after closing and re-opening WinFax Pro – it looks like the communication is lost (faxes are being received by WinFax Pro, but the NNWFax component doesn’t see them…)

Anonymous

Have you contacted Fractal Software regarding this issue, they are the developers of NNWFax.

http://www.fractal.nl/eng/nnwfax/intro.asp

They might be able to provide better assistance regarding the NNWFax portion of the issue.

Also, if you are using NT/XP/2000 and have WinFax automatically recieving faxes, you need to log on to your machine before any components will work. If you are not logged on, the SDK components that are used with NNWFax will fail. This may be the reason after a power failure, your PC is still receiving faxes after a reboot but NNWFax is not connected.

Anonymous

Topic moved from WinFax to WinFax SDK.

DavidPollack
    Participant

Thanks for the response.
    I simply do not understand how this issue is not addressed or at least discussed up front. The Faxing function needs to be a standalone and minimum intervention by the user. FAXServers and fax machines already have user accustomed to unattended service.
    Even if WinFax solves the problem with the printing to a network printer we still need to be able to process the incoming faxes automatically.

Anonymous

@adldata wrote:

Thanks for the response.
    I simply do not understand how this issue is not addressed or at least discussed up front. The Faxing function needs to be a standalone and minimum intervention by the user. FAXServers and fax machines already have user accustomed to unattended service.
    Even if WinFax solves the problem with the printing to a network printer we still need to be able to process the incoming faxes automatically.

I’m just stating the limitations of WinFax. You have to be logged in to be able to use the SDK functions, which is what NNWFax is using. We are not the developers of NNWFax, nor WinFax so we cannot make any changes to how these work.
    (see my link above for contact information regarding NNWFax)

I am assuming that is the problem you are experiencing, regarding a sudden power failure is that your server machine is rebooting and waiting at the Windows Login prompt. Yes you will lose any connectivity between NNWFax and WinFax at this point until you login again.

DavidPollack
    Participant

The system automatically logons and starts WinFaxPro and our application. The connection still seems to be broken.

Anonymous

@adldata wrote:

The system automatically logons and starts WinFaxPro and our application. The connection still seems to be broken.

Have you tested your code without nnwfax to determine if you can communicate with WinFax with SDK functions?

have you deleted temp files and rebuilt your logs using the rebuild utility (there is a link at the top of this forum for instructions on how to do this)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.