Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jbocanegra

After appling the winfax 10.04 update my computer (running winxp sp2) becomes unusable because the winfax window seems to try to get the focus continuosly. It’s impossible, for example, to write a document because every few seconds the focus goes to the winfax window. I have also noted that it’s impossible to stop the winfax controller (In fact you can stop it but it start automatically again). I have tried to uninstall the update and even reinstall winfax 10.02 but the problem still exits. The only painfull way to restore my computer is format and reinstall windows XP and winfax 10.02.

Can somebody help me?

Anonymous

@jbocanegra wrote:

After appling the winfax 10.04 update my computer (running winxp sp2) becomes unusable because the winfax window seems to try to get the focus continuosly. It’s impossible, for example, to write a document because every few seconds the focus goes to the winfax window. I have also noted that it’s impossible to stop the winfax controller (In fact you can stop it but it start automatically again). I have tried to uninstall the update and even reinstall winfax 10.02 but the problem still exits. The only painfull way to restore my computer is format and reinstall windows XP and winfax 10.02.

Can somebody help me?

I hope you didn’t already go to the extreme of formatting and reinstalling your operating system. You shouldn’t have to do that.

Eliminating all traces of WinFax is easier then it seems. The first thing you need to do is remove all running processes related to WinFax. If you press CONTROL-ALT-DELETE and go to the TASK MANAGER and then click on the PROCESSes tab, select the following processes one by one and then click END PROCESS. (If you can’t find it on the list, go to the next process listed)

wfxctl32.exe (this is the WinFax Controller)
    faxmng32.exe (this is the WinFax Fax Manager (WinFax Program, starts controller automatically)
    wfxsnt40.exe (this is the port starter, works in the background)
    wfxmod32.exe (this is the modem control program, if this is running it will start the controller automatically)

Once you’ve done this, you can try using the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel to remove WinFax PRO.

Then you should remove the “Delrina” keys in the registry if they still exist.
    For more details:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….4161204

ALso, WinFax PRO 10.04 update should only be applied to WinFax PRO 10.03. Before you apply the update, did you confirm the version was updated to 10.03 first?

Edited By Moderator on 1120792078

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.