Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 14 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

jmccartney

When I click the fax icon, WinFax opens with the Word 2002 document to be faxed, but no recipient details. If I cancel that send, then click the fax icon in Word, WinFax opens the send dialog box with the recipient information included.

I assume there’s a way to get this to work the first time!

(I’m using version 1.10 of the macro and 10.0 of WinFax.)

Anonymous

Hi,
    is the controller already active, or does it start automatically when this occurs? also, do you have your cursor active on the document before you click the fax icon?

jmccartney

The Controller is already active, in “Ready to Receive” mode.
    The cursor (focus) is in the Word document when I click the icon. I typically finish creating the document, then click the icon without moving the focus away from Word.

Anonymous

What version of Windows are you using? We will try to reproduce this issue, as it has not been reported before.

– WinFax PRO 10.
    – GetFaxing Macro version 1.10
    – Word 2002 (are you using any service packs?)

jmccartney

I’m using Windows XP Pro, now with SP1 applied. (This did not change the behavior of the macro.) In Word I now have SP2 applied, also with no change in the behavior. The problem occurred before and after SP2. I had Word SP1 installed before I installed the macro.

Anonymous

I note that there has been no further response to this problem. I too am having this issue and would appreciate a solution.
    I am using Windows XP Pro SP1 and Office XP. 🙁

Anonymous

are you also using 10.0 of WinFax ?
    and what release of Word XP?

Anonymous

I was using Winfax Pro 10.0. Upgraded today to 10.02 by completely uninstalling 10.0 and doing a clean install of 10.02.
    Office XP has SP2 installed.
    Still having same problem.

Anonymous

adding 10.02 will present additional problems — you won’t be able to fax out using Word at all. There is a known problem with 10.02 and Windows XP which prevents any SDK (WinFax Software Development) functionality to work.

Anonymous

10.02 works fine with Word. I upgraded to this version to try to make your macro work. If I go back to 10.0 how do I overcome the problem?

jmccartney

I have just changed computers and reinstalled Office XP and WinFax 10.01 and GetFaxing. The problem remains the same as described in my first message.

The result of course is that the macro has no value, as it is quite easy to create a toolbar button that prints to WinFax and returns to the default printer.

Anonymous

jmccartney,
    I’ve sent you a private email regarding this.

Anonymous

@Goochie wrote:

10.02 works fine with Word. I upgraded to this version to try to make your macro work. If I go back to 10.0 how do I overcome the problem?

10.02 does not function with any SDK (automation), so automating any fax data to Winfax is not going to work when using Windows XP.

Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02 are basically incompatible with any SDK functions.

I have had exactly the same experience, running under Windows ME (unfortunately) with Word 2000. The WinFax controller was active; on one occasion set not to receive automatically, on another set to receive automatically.

I am also quite unable to stop WinFax adding a plus sign at the beginning of the telephone number. I have successfully followed the advice on removing the irritiating ÿ letter which I hoped would do the trick for this as well.

Any ideas?

Anonymous

Hello Bruce,
    we are investigating this issue. Can you also provide the release/version of Word you are using? (service pack level in Help, About Word) and also confirm the WinFax version by clicking Help, About WinFax.

Thank you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.