Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

In December 2003 this “answer” was posted:

“The problem is with Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.03, this combination does not work. You’ll need to downgrade to WinFax version 10.0 or 10.01. Unfortunately, there is a problem with the interface between Windows XP and WinFax in the 10.02 and 10.03 releases that prevents this from working properly. “

Is this still true or has anyone gotten the WFX styles option to work with XP-Pro, Word 2002, and WinFax 10.03?

Anonymous

Is this a problem with the style not picking up the first attempt to fax, or never sending the information to WinFax?
    There have been reports that version 10.03 does work, but not 10.02

Anonymous

never sends information to winfax

Anonymous

Try this sample document

http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/style_example.doc

then click on Tools, WinFax Macro Setup.
    This will start WinFax, if it hasn’t already been loaded.
    In the “Print to WinFax” tab.
    Select “Always show the send screen when using styles”
    Choose the proper “Send by” option.
    Click “OK”

Anonymous

Got sample document- saved it as word file. Followed instructions in previous post;
    With sample document opened, Clicked on File; WinFax; Win Fax shows cover page with normal default field info;
    cursor is binking at TO: box- Nothing from document is filled in.
    Went back to sample document; File, WinFax, same result; WinFax is waiting for me to fill in the information.
    Am I missing something-

Anonymous

Follow the same previous steps, instead of clicking the “File”, “WinFax” menu option.
    Click on Tools, Macro, Macros.
    What macros do you have listed here? There should be a list of several macro names.
    with the “sample_styles” document open, click on the “Print_to_WinFax” macro and select “RUN”

Anonymous

Have many new macros
    Auto Exec; Auto Exit; other macros I have written;
    CheckifWinFaxIsActive
    GetDocumentInfo
    MergeToWinfax
    MergeDoc
    Print_to_WinFax
    Switch_PrinterDriver

Used Print_to_WinFax; Run got same result- no info transferred

But now for the dumb question- Is this not working because I have not registered the program?

Any other suggestions?

Anonymous

MergeDoc
    and MergeToWinFax are not GetFaxing.com macros, so it is possible that another macro is conflicting with WinFax, most likely the stock Symantec macros which do not support styles.

I would suggest uninstalling the macro (as outlined in another message at the top of this forum) and then reinstall the GetFaxing.com macros. This will ensure that the macro you are running is a GetFaxing.com macro.

Non-registered version will pick up the styles, however, you will be presented with the “registration screen” when you click on Print to WinFax or the WinFax icon in Word.

Edited By Moderator on Nov. 09 2004 at 15:14

Anonymous

Did everything-
    Then got creative and uninstalled WinFax, and GetFaxing Macros, set Normal template back to original. cleaned registry; rebooted -many times- and started completely over applying all the fixes along the way. Even turned off Norton AntiVirus, SpyBot, and my Popup checker.

STILL NO LUCK.

I appreciate all your ideas and am only pursuing this because this program is the answer to our prayers- if we can get it to work.

Thank you.

Anonymous

Do you see the cursor moving within the document picking up the WfxFaxNum style? Does it seem to read the contents of the document, but fail to pass that info to WinFax?

Anonymous

IT WORKED!!!!— But only when it Feels like it!

I watched the document carefuly and it does seem to blink and change the formatting of the first Line, and then after four unsuccessful attempts of Winfax icon and Tools, Macro, Print_to_WinFax, Cancel send;

all of a sudden there was the information in WinFax!!!

I cancelled the send, tried again and it worked again, then I cancelled the send and tried again and it did NOT work.

I closed the document, opened it again, tried four times and was successful once.

Tired opening five or six times and faxing five or six different times for each opening but only had once more sucessful transfer.

NEXT??

ALSO: QUESTION: If you have two different fax numbers in your document will it transfer both numbers?

Anonymous

Must have been a fluke- have tried for the last 30 min to get the info to transfer and NO LUCK. Checked Event viewer to see if any certain events (System or Application) had occured during “Sucessful time period” but nothing evident.

Very frustrating!

Anonymous

Tried macro program on different machine with
    XP Pro; Winfax Pro 10.03; Word 2003; and tons of extra macros for PDA’s, ACT 6.0 etc and IT WORKED!!
    So I am upgrading to Word2003 before spending any more time on “solutions”

Thanks for your help.

Anonymous

Installed Office 2003; changed services settings back to XP defaults; still unable to transfer info.

Am giving up on my computer and will try to set program up on others.

Anonymous

@sdfhcf wrote:

ALSO: QUESTION: If you have two different fax numbers in your document will it transfer both numbers?

No, it will only accept 1 fax number. Do you want to fax the same document to two different fax numbers (such as a CC: for a fax?)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.