Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi there,

I’m in need of anyone who knows ZetaFax. What i need to do: Recieve Fax, Dump on harddrive as a Tiff, (this is then picked up by teleforms and OCR’d.

Can anyone help with a solution to do the, receive —>out as tiff, bit of the process? maybe zeta isn’ the right product (are there oter that can do this?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonathan Tooze :p

Anonymous

I believe Zeta fax has an API. But I am not sure of its capabilities. What you mention is possible, but performing OCR on a fax image (which is usually low quality 200 dpi) isn’t feasible, unless the receiving fax is clear of handwriting, and is in a basic font (such as ariel or times roman) and is clear, 12point or greater.

http://www.deksi.com/zetafax_support.htm

hair

I have a client that uses a USR PCI faxmodem that has everything controlled by software. Also, he is running Windows 2000, which does not support distinctive ring natively. Is there a way to get WinFax Pro 10 to answer only on the distinctive ring? Any 3rd party software, or a setting in WinFax? Thanks.

–Tommy Vielkanowitz

Anonymous

Not that I am aware of sorry.

Your best bet is going to be a electronic device you place on your phone line. You can do a internet search and purchase one, this is also what Microsoft reccomends….

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.