Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    dustyshoes

I have Windows XP and Winfax Pro 10.02. The program is set to receive automatically. We receive orders in the form of faxes and email. Some companies most always have no problem faxing in their orders. Some companies almost always freeze in the middle of receiving and then I have to restart the computer to hopefully receive before they send again. Do you know why this happens. We have no problems sending, only receiving. Also, it keeps putting our phone number into the address book so now we have about 500 entries with our phone number. Thanks for any help

Administrator
    Keymaster

rebuild your logs and phonebooks if you have not already done so.

if you still have receiving problems, you need to post additional information regarding your setup for the modem in WinFax, along with the modem model/brand etc.

ACCTNT

I too am having trouble with Winfax Pro 10.03 ocassionally freezing up during a receive. You say to rebuild the logs and phonebooks: how does one do that? And, how do you not lose all of your saved faxes (both in and out) and how do you not lose your phone entries?

Thanks,

ACCTNT

Administrator
    Keymaster

@ACCTNT wrote:

I too am having trouble with Winfax Pro 10.03 ocassionally freezing up during a receive. You say to rebuild the logs and phonebooks: how does one do that? And, how do you not lose all of your saved faxes (both in and out) and how do you not lose your phone entries?

Thanks,

ACCTNT

always make a back up of your DATA directory in WinFax (or your entire WinFax directory) or wherever your WinFax Data is stored.

Rebuilding phonebooks and logs will not lose phonebook or log data, the steps are listed in the Logs and Phonebooks forums. but you should always have a back up before rebuilding

Edited By Moderator on 1191420485

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.