Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cmp

I am tring to copy the record of sent and received faxes from one computer on the network to another. Basically what I would like to do is copy the *.fxr files related to a fax to the data folder of another computer, and then have this fax appear in the message list of the new computer.

The problem is if I only copy the fxr files to the data directory, the fax does no appear in the list. I assume I have to update winfaxes database log in some manner. Is there any way for me to do this?

Thanks.

Anonymous

Do you want to do this with code, or manually?

You can create a message store in a specific directory on one of the PCs, copy all the faxes into it by dragging and dropping the faxes from within WinFax to this new message store. You can then use this directory on the other PC by creating a new message store, but linking to the existing directory. You will have the same data on two PCs.

Edited By Moderator on Jan. 18 2005 at 10:37

cmp

Thank you for your answer. This is exactly what I want, I just have one more question. After copying the faxes to the second computer, how would I go about

‘creating a new message store, but linking to the existing directory.’

Thank you,

Anonymous

You never mentioned what version of WinFax you are using. There are different possibilities with the different versions.

cmp

I am using WinFax 10.0 on win XP. Thank you for your help.

Anonymous

Here are two possible options, either sharing an existing log between two or more machines or you can import the existing data from one machine into another (importing the logs)

How to share message stores across a network

Situation:
    You would like to share your message stores or logs across a local area network.

Solution:
    Create a shared message store

In Message Manager, click Go, and click Logs.
    Click File, point to New and click Message Store. The New Message Store dialog box appears.
    Type a name and description for the new message store.
    Click Advanced to expand the New Message Store dialog box.
    Click New WinFax PRO or New TalkWorks PRO, and click Set Location.
    Select the location where you wish to place the message store on the network.

NOTE: This can be anywhere on the network that is accessible to all computers. It is not necessarily on the fax sharing host nor on one of the fax sharing clients.

Check Share as Read only and click OK.

NOTES:
    Technical Support is unable to provide support for shared message stores on a network that is configured to allow both read and write access.
    Setting a Message Store to Share as Read-Only allows the author to make changes and allows others to use the information.

Link to the shared message store

In Message Manager, click Go, and click Logs.
    Click File, point to New and click Message Store. The New Message Store dialog box appears.
    Type a name and description for the new message store.
    Click Advanced to expand the New Message Store dialog box.
    Click Use existing WinFax PRO 7.x/8.x/9.x , TalkWorks PRO, and click Select.
    Locate and select the message store file to which you wish to link, click Open, and click OK.

How to import logs and message stores into WinFax PRO 10

Situation:
    You want to know how to import logs from a previous version of WinFax PRO/TalkWorks PRO or link existing message stores (or logs) into WinFax PRO 10.

Solution:
    Follow these steps to import logs or link to existing message stores:

In Message Manager, click Go, and then click Send log or Receive log.
    Click the File menu, point to New, and then click Message Store. The New Message Store dialog box appears.
    Type a name for the new message store, and click OK.
    Click the File menu, point to Import, and click Log. The Import Log wizard appears.
    Select the correct format for the message store or the log to import, and click Next.

NOTE: For WinFax PRO message stores, the file name corresponds to the name of the message store. For example, if the message store is called Sales in WinFax PRO, the file to import will be called Sales.wfb. The default message store in WinFax PRO is called Status.Wfb.

Click Select, select the message store or the log file to import, and then click Next.
    Select the message store created in step 2, and click Finish. The information is imported

Edited By Moderator on Jan. 22 2005 at 21:46

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.