Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all, new to this forum and am so happy to find it! I just installed winfax, and have tried trouble shooting the program for 4 days, and seem to be getting no where. After several headaches and a few visualizations of destroying my computer, I found your forums!

I am using a 56K PCI Data/Fax Modem Agere – C COM. I have installed the modem twice, and have the most current drivers. When Win fax does the modem set up wizard, it finds my modem, but set’s it on ITAPI port. I go and look in the device manager and see that the modem is on com 3. I can go in winfax and change this (but a few times the com 3 option has not been in winfax sometimes).

Everything is set up correctly (it looks like). And still I can not send any faxes. All I get is a “No Carrierâ€

Administrator
    Keymaster

no carrier message can be a number of issues, the most common is the number isn’t being dialed properly, and you need to confirm that it is dialing. try dialing your cell phone, or another number so you can determine if the modem is actually dialing correctly with the proper prefix (if required) , area code, etc.

@Moderator wrote:

no carrier message can be a number of issues, the most common is the number isn’t being dialed properly, and you need to confirm that it is dialing. try dialing your cell phone, or another number so you can determine if the modem is actually dialing correctly with the proper prefix (if required) , area code, etc.

calling myself is such a good idea, i didn’t think of that! I have been able to send a fax to the same fax number i’m dialing, but i’ll try that.

Thanks again.

@Moderator wrote:

i mean i have been able to send a fax to the same number, when i DO NOT use winfax. I can send it threw windows XP, but when i open WINFAX it fails.

but i will try calling my cell phone.

Administrator
    Keymaster

if the faxes go through with Windows XP fax, then its probably a dialing setup issue specific in WinFax. Either you have something enabled that shouldn’t be, like a prefix or calling card settings, or something is missing, like an area code.

@Moderator wrote:

if the faxes go through with Windows XP fax, then its probably a dialing setup issue specific in WinFax. Either you have something enabled that shouldn’t be, like a prefix or calling card settings, or something is missing, like an area code.

yes, that fixed everything. Thank you so much!!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.