Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    recovery

Hi all,

Good to be a new member on this forum. I have somewhat of a puzzler going on here. Have a small business network running WF Pro 10.03. Server set up as Host and is functioning Great Sending and Receiving. I have about 10 other PC workstations mostly laptops that will be running as a client. I successfully set up the client using the fix outlined in the previous posts using Symantec’s SP2 security work around. I had 2 desktops working perfectly as clients last week. Server OS developed problem and had to be restored to earlier in the week image. As the client software was unaffected I had to reinstall the Host on the server from fresh install with exact same settings server name etc. and went through the SP2 security steps for the host just as before.

One of the desktop clients still connects to the Host and works perfectly the other will not. I keep getting the error cannot find server check to make sure name is correct. OK sure LOL. I even went as far as to reinstall the client on this desktop making sure to delete the dll left over in program file folder after the uninstaller ran just to make sure. Went through the SP2 steps again just to make sure all was set up correctly. Still get same error. If I had hair I would pull it. Couple of other notes, I installed the client on another desktop running XP pro just like all others that has never had WF Pro on it. Get the same dang error how can I have one PC client from previous install still working but the other and a totally new one not as well?

I have noticed that on both PC’s that are failing to connect, when I am in “netshfirewallâ€

recovery

Fixed it ………………..

JohnNadeau

@recovery wrote:

Fixed it ………………..

How’d you fix it?

recovery

I reinstalled using typical settings instead of custom and I lowered windows firewall. Once I had the host recognized I added the controler to the exceptions in the windows frewall and re-enabled it, woala works great on ly now I have PC locking up issue when I shut down message center and start it back up. See other post in this forum about the problem any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.