Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    jadejadejade

Broadcasting with print-merge holds a large amount of memory when running the print-merge macro. I wonder if it is better to run a mail-merge macro which will print all to the send dialogue so that I can introduce a new group which will convert the mail-merge data.

I have tried another option “Winfax Fax Merge” large box have four options only for its delivery, namely “As soon as possible”, “At a date and time I specify”, “During off peak hours” and finally “Hold in my outbox”. I have tried the last option “Hold in my outbox” but it generates each by each into my Message messager outbox. At the same time, I begin to set the Winfax driver as offline till later I release it when I really wanna broadcast. Again, it is a hold of my PC memory resources although holding it offline will reduce a bit of the resources demand.

But the most important of the ways out here is two:1. any suggestion of a new macro for me? 2. amendment of the existing macros I used.

“The data must be merged to the document, and then printed to WinFax. You have to do this for each document you want to send.” — Firstly, I have only one document for merging customer data. Secondly, “must be merged” and “then printed” — is it two separate procedure that I can manage separately. I mean can i use one macro for the first merging and the second printing to be done manually so that I can solve the memory holding problem.

Any great ideas (amendment of existing macro or VBA) will be fully appreciated.

:;):

Anonymous

Broadcasting with print-merge holds a large amount of memory when running the print-merge macro. I wonder if it is better to run a mail-merge macro which will print all to the send dialogue so that I can introduce a new group which will convert the mail-merge data.

If you print all to the send dialog, all the faxes go to all the recipients. For example. 50 pages to 50 recipients. Definately not the goal of a mail-merge, if that’s what you want to do.

I have tried another option “Winfax Fax Merge” large box have four options only for its delivery, namely “As soon as possible”, “At a date and time I specify”, “During off peak hours” and finally “Hold in my outbox”. I have tried the last option “Hold in my outbox” but it generates each by each into my Message messager outbox.

Yes, it will put each fax event in the outbox, and send them or hold them as specificed in the dialog box. That is working as designed.

At the same time, I begin to set the Winfax driver as offline till later I release it when I really wanna broadcast. Again, it is a hold of my PC memory resources although holding it offline will reduce a bit of the resources demand.

I don’t think this will work. You can’t put the printer off-line, it will not generate a fax image when the printer is off-line.

Edited By Moderator on 1126240572

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.