Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    fambrough

My hard drive was about to crash. Since I had an older computer running Windows 2000 I decided to get another computer. The new computer does not have a modem. I was trying to set up a host / client situation. The first problems I had in loading WinFax Pro 10.0 on the new machine was that when I tried to enter information in the set up fields the program window would disappear and I would have to start loading again. I got around this by just entering next and finally loaded the program. However, when I try to enter the host information for the client connection I get an error that the client can not connect to the host because it is busy or access is denied. I can not find an answer to this problem in my searchings. Can someone tell me what I need to do?

Administrator
    Keymaster

what is the host computer operating system and what is the client pc operating system? are they both Windows XP SP2? if so, you need to perform the steps for Fax Sharing with Windows XP SP2
    there is a link to Symantec’s site for the steps to perform to accomplish the Fax Sharing with Windows XP SP2.

fambrough

One machine, the host is Windows 2000 and set up perfectly as host. The other computer is Windows XP 2 and will not let me set up the client. I am following the instructions from Symantic’s site.

Administrator
    Keymaster

download and follow the instructions on screen to resolve the number entry issue,

http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/index.php?file=WinFaxTools.exe

once this is resolved, then you can follow Symantec’s directions in regardings to setting up the Client (Windows XP SP2)

fambrough

You are a genius, that worked. Now I can enter the client information. My Host computer had to go into the shop today so I can not finish the setup until next week, however, I think everything will work fine. Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

You’re welcome

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.