Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    donsls

I have been using Winfax pro for the past 5+ years without any issues. Starting yesterday, users started to complain that they cannot send fax. When I opened the Winfax pro message manager, I noticed that the application is hanging. I could go to the program setup from the icon in my task bar, but the message manager just hangs. I checked with the network guys and there were no updates to the network or the winfax server. I re-started the server about 5 times, unplug / re-plugged the modem, but still got the issue.
    Could any one help me in resolving this issue please?
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    Keymaster

From what you describe, you may have a problem with the number of faxes stored in your send and receive default logs. What is the total size, and the amount of files stored in your WinFax Data folder (this usually is in c:program fileswinfaxdata, or c:program filessymantecwinfaxdata) a large number of files here is usually the root of the problem. Recovering this data can be a time consuming process, If recovering the fax data is important, I’d recommend ordering the remote support service.

donsls

I think you are correct. I have over 20000 files in the data folder. Unfortunately, I already removed winfax and re-installed it and it seems to be working now. Thanks a lot for the answer. Much appreciated.
    My other issue is, this is installed on a windows 2003 32 bit server and I need to move winfax to a windows 2008 server. I tried installing it and it is not compatible. Now I am in the lookout for a winfax replacement software. Any suggessions?

Administrator
    Keymaster

My other issue is, this is installed on a windows 2003 32 bit server and I need to move winfax to a windows 2008 server. I tried installing it and it is not compatible. Now I am in the lookout for a winfax replacement software. Any suggessions?

As you’ve found out, WinFax PRO isn’t compatible with Windows 2008 Server.

What I recommend is FaxTalk Multiline Server FaxTalk Multiline Server (supports up to 8 fax modems/lines, and fax sharing across the network if required by installing optional FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro software on each workstation you want to share faxing.)

alternatively, you could also just use FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro on the Windows 2003 server, but this will support only 1 fax modem and does not allow for fax sharing across network.

Welknownd

@Moderator wrote:

Do you have any plans to make them compatible?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Welknownd wrote:

@Moderator wrote:

Do you have any plans to make them compatible?

No, WinFax PRO is discontinued by Symantec. For a Windows 2008 Server/x64 compatible fax software, we recommend FaxTalk Multiline Server.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.