Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    officeboy09

Hi

I can’t empty thw wastebaskets in My Phonebook and Available Client.

No matter how I tried it just keeps returning the same message saying “Call Failed”.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this problem?

Administrator
    Keymaster

The recommended and 1st suggestion would be to run a rebuild on the default send/receive log and hope that allows you to delete them.

If you’ve done this and they still don’t delete, the next set of steps would require you to reset your default send/receive logs (which is just deleting your entire default database log files so WinFax recreates new, empty logs). If you want to do that, you have to “move” any faxes you want to keep to another message store or delete them in WinFax. Then , you have to delete a set of database files in the WinFaxData folder. This is not an easy process especially if you have a lot of faxes in the default logs (something you should avoid). You also have to make sure you have applied the “Move/Copy” patch from WinFax Tools or you’ll likely run into the WinFax bug when attempting to moving a log entry to a different message store folder (this serious bug can cause you to lose fax images).

In summary , If you have a lot of faxes in your default send / receive logs it will be a lot of work just to remove a dozen stuck entries from your wastebasket.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.