Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    bglen

Now this is simply rediculous. I installed 10.2 and it must be corrupted in someway shape of form because it never finished the install. It laid dormant for 20 minutes and I finally just shut it down. So then I go to uninstall the bad version and it won’t let me because it found a previous version. So I then decide to try an install again over the previous version and it tells me it can’t install unitl I uninstall the old version.

Needless to say, there is no where to go from here. Any suggestions? This is a company machine so I don’t want to take the chance of screwing it up.

Administrator
    Keymaster

check this topic

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin….install

If uninstall fails, and you can’t uninstall using Add/Remove Programs and a reinstall fails because of the message “Cannot install until you uninstall previous version”. Here is what you can do so you can re-install WinFax PRO without the need to go through manually erasing those registry keys.

Search for file(s) WFXUNIST.ISU, WFXBOOT.INI and WFXINST.LOG. If any of these are found, delete them.

Now, reboot the PC and reinstall WinFax PRO. The “previous install” message should no longer appear.

There is no need to delete existing WinFax/Delrina registry keys, because the install will recreate any registry keys that are missing or incomplete.

Once you reinstall, you should be able to perform an uninstall if you wanted to remove the program completely.

Edited By Moderator on 1173197419

bglen

Here’s where I am at now. I try to reinstall but the program just seems to hang up at a certain point and never finish. Just after I “skip” the registration process it says it will now configure the computer, and that is where it hangs up “forever” I mean it would stay on the screen for days if I let it.

I don’t understand why this program will not install on my new machine, it installed on my last one just fine.

Administrator
    Keymaster

you can try installing WinFax PRO in Windows Safe mode
    see http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….ocument

also, once you are done installing it safe mode (it may not detect your modem) you should then run “wtnsetup.exe” from the WinFax directory.

bglen

Didn’t try safe mode, but I did get to the point were I decided to go to the task manager and see what might be going on. Everything acted fine and it showed the setup running. But I ended one of the sessions setting up Winfax ( didn’t write down which one ) and the screen came back to where I could finish the install.

So everything seems to be working for now.

Thanks for the reply.

bglen

Well I thought everything was alright because I could now see the program, open it, and create a fax. But now when I try to send a fax, nothing happens. It just disappears after hitting the send button. Obviously there must be something wrong with the installation.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@bglen wrote:

Well I thought everything was alright because I could now see the program, open it, and create a fax. But now when I try to send a fax, nothing happens. It just disappears after hitting the send button. Obviously there must be something wrong with the installation.

Any ideas?

try reinstall, but choose “custom” when prompted.
    uncheck everything, except “program files”

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.