Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    parag

Hi,

I have instantiated the “WinFax.SDFFXConverter” library to create an Object and then i am using the “ConvertFromFX” method of this instantiated object to convert the WinFax file to Group IV TIFF single page format, what is happening is except for the first fax it converts all the remaining faxes to image files fine, but while trying to convert the “fxr file” of the first fax to tif the “ConvertFromFX” functions returns an error code: &HE0040122 ‘ Unable to open file, can someone help me to understand why this happens only for the first fax in the WinFax Inbox, any help to solve this problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Parag

Anonymous

Do you have the WinFax Viewer, or program active? Does this happen only when the Controller is active?

parag

This happens only when the WinFax Viewer: “Message Manager” is active and it only fails to convert the selected fax in the “Receive Log”, however it converts all “Receive Log” entries faxes fine if just the Controller is active.

Regards.

Parag

Anonymous

@parag wrote:

This happens only when the WinFax Viewer: “Message Manager” is active and it only fails to convert the selected fax in the “Receive Log”, however it converts all “Receive Log” entries faxes fine if just the Controller is active.

Regards.

Parag

If the viewer is open, I am assuming the active page is being viewed is the page that does not convert?

My guess is that the file (FXR file in this case) can not be open in any other application (even the WinFax Viewer) if you are trying to convert the image file. The error &HE0040122 refers to “Cannot open file.”

parag

True, which means that the WinFax Viewer needs to be closed whenever my application is trying to convert a fax or else the fax which is currently getting viewed since it’s .fxr file is in use it would be the one which wouldn’t get converted successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Parag

Anonymous

@parag wrote:

True, which means that the WinFax Viewer needs to be closed whenever my application is trying to convert a fax or else the fax which is currently getting viewed since it’s .fxr file is in use it would be the one which wouldn’t get converted successfully.

Thanks for your help.

Parag

Yes, WinFax doesn’t like to share the file.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.