Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    cakclk

We are getting the WinFax error “Corrupted acknowledgement reached on last attempt”. Does anyone know how to correct this error? We are running WinFax 10.03 on windows XP.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes , it is likely a modem setup problem with the initialization string and flow control settings.

cakclk

Any thoughts on what the modem settings are supposed to be? I’m not sure what the settings should be, as this is new to me.

This is the way is was set up when I got here:

We have Windows XP, U.S. Robotics56K external w/ TAPI, CLASS 1.
    Initialization string:
    1. AT&F&D2&C1&H1&R2&I0S7=55
    2. ATS36=0
    Flow control: AT&H1&R2&I0

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

cakclk

Also, please let me know if more information is needed.

windracer

Hello,

You spoke about the initialization string possibly being a factor.

I am having severe challenges in being able to transmit faxes. This just started to happen. My computer identifies the modem to be operative, yet winfax is not dialing. I have checked program setup under the categories of dialing and location as well as modems and communications devices. I am stumped and would greatly appreciate some assistance please. Mine is an Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem. Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@cakclk wrote:

Any thoughts on what the modem settings are supposed to be? I’m not sure what the settings should be, as this is new to me.

This is the way is was set up when I got here:

We have Windows XP, U.S. Robotics56K external w/ TAPI, CLASS 1.
    Initialization string:
    1. AT&F&D2&C1&H1&R2&I0S7=55
    2. ATS36=0
    Flow control: AT&H1&R2&I0

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

does this error occur with all faxes you send?
    (to different locations?)
    you can try setting the modem to use CLASS 2.0 to see if this helps.

cakclk

No, it doesn’t happen all the time. It may fax to a vendor fine one time, and then the next time it will fail with this error. It doesn’t appear to be vendor specific, will vary from vendor to vendor.

JohnD
    Participant

@cakclk wrote:

No, it doesn’t happen all the time. It may fax to a vendor fine one time, and then the next time it will fail with this error. It doesn’t appear to be vendor specific, will vary from vendor to vendor.

could be any number of reasons, from background running applications conflicting with the fax send (anti-virus, screen savers etc.) , line-noise on the phone line at the time of sending, flow control settings, intialization string setting, class setting etc.
    You may want to try setting your modem to CLASS 2.0 in WinFax. See if that helps with the sending and receiving for a few days.

cakclk

I have set the modem to Class 2 in WinFax, and it has been running that way for a couple of days. So far the failed faxes have gone down slightly (about 1.45 on average). But I now have some failed faxes without an error message appearing in WinFax. The only failed faxes that have an error message are for busy signals or no answer on last attempt. So if I had to research a failed fax w/o an error message, I’d have nothing to research on.

Any thoughts on why some of the failed faxes have no error message?

Thanks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@cakclk wrote:

I have set the modem to Class 2 in WinFax, and it has been running that way for a couple of days. So far the failed faxes have gone down slightly (about 1.45 on average). But I now have some failed faxes without an error message appearing in WinFax. The only failed faxes that have an error message are for busy signals or no answer on last attempt. So if I had to research a failed fax w/o an error message, I’d have nothing to research on.

Any thoughts on why some of the failed faxes have no error message?

Thanks.

setting to class 2.0 may not report the actual error message , as it did when set to Class 1.

You can also try turning off ECM, Compression settings if they are enabled.

What model of US Robotics are you using? Is there an updated Windows driver available for it?
    Is this a external serial modem, or USB?
    If it is a serial modem, is it using a 9 pin connection or 25 pin serial connection? Is there any 9/25 pin adapter connected to it?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@windracer wrote:

Hello,

You spoke about the initialization string possibly being a factor.

I am having severe challenges in being able to transmit faxes. This just started to happen. My computer identifies the modem to be operative, yet winfax is not dialing. I have checked program setup under the categories of dialing and location as well as modems and communications devices. I am stumped and would greatly appreciate some assistance please. Mine is an Agere Systems PCI Soft Modem. Thank you.

I’d recommend posting a new topic with this issue you are having, discussing multiple (different) issues in the same topic can cause some confusion.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.