Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

WE have sent faxes automatically from Winfax 10 for several years under windows 95 without problem in a client-host setting.
    We are trying to add some XP workstations , but the DDE “GoActive” command fails on the latest Winfax under XP (Its OK on windows 95 though with the latest version.

Also if you set sendscreen to “1” it actually has received the correct data.

The symantec response is predictable
    “Access uses DDE to encode the various fields. DDE support was dropped
    after WinFax 9, mostly because of the changes implemented by Microsoft
    in Windows 2000 made it problematic. Many people for who Access was
    working fine (in Windows NT or 98) find that Access no longer works in
    2000 (and now XP). At this time, we do not know of any way to work
    around this limitation.”

It a pity there is nothing in their documentation or help files supporting this view.

I would appreciate help from anyone on this problem

Anonymous

Version 10.02 might be the source of your problems. Are you using this release? There may be a problem in the DDE code with XP + 10.02. Have you tried 10.00?
    There have been reported problems with the SDK and 10.02, so it may be related.

Anonymous

also, are you printing to the winfax printer driver? there has been a similar reported problem with XP and 10.02 using the PrintFromApp method in the SDK.

Here is a link to the SDK/Printfrom App problem with 10.02

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ikonboard/topic.cgi?forum=3&topic=25

Try removing your Print code, and just attach a document to see if that works…. if so, its the printing that is causing this process to fail under XP.

Anonymous

Yes I am using 10.02 I have now found other users with the same problem on the symantec web site so I assume its a fault in 10.02 under XP , since 10.02 seems to work ok under win95.

In theory everything has got to the faxmanager because if you use the showsendscreen command it all pops up for a manual send.

Does the original version 10 work under XP ?

Does anyone have confidence in Symantec fixing 10.02 ?

Anonymous

DDE code hasn’t been touched since version 8.0. There is a very slim chance it will be fixed.

Plus they let go the entire Toronto, Canada staff that supported and developed WinFax. (Originally Delrina)

[url=http://www.torontostar.ca/NASApp/cs/ContentServer?pagename=thestar/Layout/Article_Type1&c=Article&cid=993765710772&call_page=TS_News&call_pageid=968332188492&call_pagepath=News/News

]http://www.torontostar.ca/NASApp….News

[/url]
    Also I am not sure if 10.00 will function under XP. I would assume it does if you are not worried about Outlook integration and Office 2002 integration..

leopard

I have read all of the posts in this forum about DDE in winfax 10.02. I have the same problem. I have an ACCESS application that automatically faxes a report to various individuals. It has functioned flawlessly from windows 95, windows 98 and windows 98se and winfax 8, 9 and 10 until now with XP and version 10.02. Has anyone gotten DDE to function with windows XP and winfax 10.02? I have even tried copying the example dde conversations from the help files of winfax 10.02 and they wont’t work.

JohnD
    Participant

I think 10.02 and WinXP has problems with DDE, I am not aware of any solution.

leopard

If Winfax Pro 10.02 has a problem with DDE and Windows XP, is Winfax Pro 10.0 compatiable enough with Windows XP to mostly function or does it just not work with Windows XP?

JohnD
    Participant

@leopard wrote:

If Winfax Pro 10.02 has a problem with DDE and Windows XP, is Winfax Pro 10.0 compatiable enough with Windows XP to mostly function or does it just not work with Windows XP?

10.0 will work fine if you don’t integrate with Outlook 2002. I have not found any other problems with 10.0 and XP. It is possible that user-switching may be a problem.

leopard

Thank you for the advice, I went back to Winfax Pro 10.0 and the DDE commands work perfectly. So far haven’t noticed any other problems. You would think that a company like Symantec would admit to the problem with Winfax Pro 10.02 and fix it, especially since they are saying that you must upgrade to 10.02 if you have Windows XP and charging $50.00

Anonymous

I was just reading through your messages regarding this. I wish I found this forum a couple of years ago. I just upgraded to XP and paid the $50 for 10.02. I have never gotten Access and Winfax integrated to where I can send a filtered report to the respective recepients. I have about zero knowledge of SDK – I just downloaded the files.

Can you share a little more on how you have this set up? Are you sending 1 report to multiple people, or does each recepient get only their specific information? I’m going to email this to you also in case you want to reply that way – I’m looking for any and all the help I can get on this.

Anonymous

I have the same problem with XP.
    Using Oracle7 Report 2.5 with DDE link to Delrina 10.0,
    no pb under win95 et 98 last years.
    Under XP ; Exception error DDE.DMLERR_NO_CONV_ESTABLISHED during function DDE.INITIATE.
    I try with Delrina 10.02 with no success.
    I search with many user-switching, no success.
    Appreciate help !!!

JohnD
    Participant

switch to Delrina Fax 10.0 (WinFax PRO 10.0), there is no other solution.

Anonymous

I have just purchased 10.02 for a customer using XP and Outlook 2000. The DDE conversations do not work. I am going to try using 10.0 under XP. I would like this thread to remain up-to-date on this issue. ???

Anonymous

there is no fix coming forward from Symantec. They have likely abandoned this since DDE is a dying (or dead?) technology.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.