Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    astewart

Do you have to perform the following code in order to transmit a file?
    ChanNum = DDEInitiate(“FAXMNG32”, “CONTROL”)
    DDEExecute ChanNum, “GoIdle”
    DDETerminate ChanNum

What once worked before I had multiple fax lines, no longer works. DDE doesn’t like mulitiple fax lines. The showsendscreen function is not working. The fax is always displayed no matter what I set showsendscreen to (1, 0, or default) – I think it has something to do with me only sending faxes on line 2. It is okay if the fax is displayed and a user must manual hit the Send button BUT I want all other faxes incoming and outgoing to continue being processed – I want the system to always be active. Currently WinFax is not processing anything until you hit Send. I tried commenting the ‘GoIdle’ and ‘GoActive’ out but I am getting DDE error messages when setting my recipient information. Does the WinFax have to ‘GoIdle’ to transmit??

Thanks in advance
    Aimee

Anonymous

Is that the only change that was done to WinFax? adding additional fax lines? What version of WinFax?
    Did you change OS, or update WinFax?

astewart

We did update the OS from Windows 98 to Windows 2000. We are using WinFax Pro 10.0 (we didn’t update the version of WinFax).

Anonymous

I think you need to add some time delays in your code, especially after the DDEPokes and DDEExecutes. Windows 98 allowed you to get away with this, but Windows NT/2000 does not.
    Try adding 1-2 second pauses after each command.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.