Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Possible solution to client/host problems after installing service pack 2 for Windows XP (security blocking cause the host and client to stop communicating)

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….1425704

Edited By Moderator on Sep. 11 2004 at 14:28

lstocky

thank you, thank you, thank you. I’ve been banging my head against a brick wall with this for days. Brilliant!

oh wow! 😀

Anonymous

Symantec has released a patch 10.04 (to update 10.03 versions only) to correct this problem.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….4595304

Anonymous

Tried everything to get this winfax to communicate including the manual com and firewalll entries then tried 10.04 and still getting the configured process cannot start because the configured identity is incorrect. I have the same user name and password on both machines. AHHHHHHH.

Anonymous

@tomschiller wrote:

Tried everything to get this winfax to communicate including the manual com and firewalll entries then tried 10.04 and still getting the configured process cannot start because the configured identity is incorrect. I have the same user name and password on both machines. AHHHHHHH.

you should make sure you have the default security settings enabled in Windows XP SP2 if you plan on using WinFax PRO 10.04

deising

New member here.

Tried 10.04 patch, then manually verified the settings per the symantec support docs. It seems like it should work.

Are there any other things to check or to definitively troubleshoot this problem?

TIA!

Anonymous

@deising wrote:

New member here.

Tried 10.04 patch, then manually verified the settings per the symantec support docs. It seems like it should work.

Are there any other things to check or to definitively troubleshoot this problem?

TIA!

I would suggest posting a new message with the problems you are experiencing with detailed info, it might not be related to the Windows XP Service Pack.

Anonymous

still problem active on me.. help, I applied 10.04 patch, but still problem ….. I can not sharing fax…

jerzybondon

Did you try to add user account (with which you are logging on the client computer) on the host computer ? Make sure added account has Administrator rights (on the host computer.)

rayosx

Santa, you know what funny I found ? try to uninstall and re install it again, because it happened to me, everthing was working and I believe that I did a norton ghost and put the ghost again and the clients could not connect to the host I did not know what to do , my head was exploding because I followed every step by step on symantec help, I already installed the patch and nothing so with a magic uninstallation and re installation everthing went to normal
    it could be your case, I am not saying that is but it does not hurt to give a try
    good luck

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.