Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    roshmon

I have some doubts before buying this product.

I’m using VC++ for FAXing, my needs are
    1. Can I Send a MS Word Document as FAX to a specific numer

2. Can I use one license for integrating this winFax library to my application?

3. Is MS Word is a recognizable format for winFax?, I’m asking this becoz, using Windows winfax (using Windows APIs), the Word will open in background (with a visible window) while faxing…that seems disturbing….

Regards,
    Roshan Davis ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

ms word will open because Winfax needs to generate a fax image via the “print” method. Therefore the original program that created the document will always open first, and then the fax image that WinFax can use will be generated by an automatic print via the “WinFax” printer driver.

as for license, you don’t need any license to develop software for WinFax but the user must already have WinFax installed on the system (legally)

with the SDK you can program to send a fax to a specific fax number (can be almost any type of document that can be printed in windows)

roshmon

Thankx for your reply ๐Ÿ™‚

>> ms word will open because Winfax needs to generate a fax image via the “print” method.
    Opening the Word in background is okay for me, My winFax program (windows winFAX API program) has a drawback of opening Word in foreground, so its disturbing the user..

If I buy one license, can I distribute the runtime with my program?

Roshan Davis ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

there is no runtime, winfax has to be installed on the machine where your application is used. so you need a winfax license for each install of your application.

roshmon

Will this show a Word in Foreground while FAXing…(a visible window)…?

Roshan Davis ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous

yes word will show and then close automatically
    if you send the exact same word document, it will not open word again.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.