Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Kbain174

Hello, i am having a problem with my winfax pro 10.03, i am getting a error after receiving a fax “cannot open the data file:”

i am running windows xp Sp2

i also re-installed the program a few times and also bought a new U.S Robotics 56k extranel modem. they same one i was using before.

thanks for the help
    Kbain174

Dark Guy

Did you get this issue fixed? I am having the same problem.

Administrator
    Keymaster

if its an external USB US Robotics modem, make sure you have the updated firmware for the Modem from 3Com.

Kbain174

What i did was up-grade the pc’s becuase i need a new one, that worked fine for about 4 months, now i have the same problem again.

Is yours still broke?

Administrator
    Keymaster

is this for every fax you receive?
    and how many faxes do you receive ?

zeus69

I have the same issue wint 10.3. It suddenly started giving this error with every fax that is receives. I even changed the modem, but same issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks

JohnD
    Participant

need more information before I can even begin to give an possible answer. The error you posted isn’t complete, because there is a more detailed description after the error message “Cannot open the data file: ” also you didn’t mention the modem you are using, and the settings in WinFax.

I believe this may be the full error message
    “Cannot open the data file: incorrect file name or file not exists.”

You might want to consider using Premium Support, as can review debug logs and determine the cause of the problem.

Edited By JohnD on 1185988847

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.