Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    isaacgrover

Good afternoon from Wisconsin,

One of my clients has a computer that acts as an incoming/outgoing fax machine with a real fax machine connected as a backup. Incoming faxes work fine, but the problem is seen when the client sends a mass fax through WinFax using his ACT! address book. My client sends 200+ faxes in this fashion twice a month. The error box that pops up with each outgoing fax indicates there was an error reading the variables, and the fax wasn’t sent. However, most of those faxes have been verified by phone to have gone through successfully.

Using the Symantec KB, I followed their suggestions of removing all temporary files on the computer, removing WinFax log files, creating an alternate message store, moving the faxes to that store, then moving them back to the original store. While moving them out of the original message store, I received an error message indicating there was no more space on drive C:, when clearly there was more than 70Gb free.

The versions referenced are WinFax 9.02, ACT! 2000, and Windows XP, and the modem is an external Creative USB modem.

Has anyone else seen this situation, and/or can you provide any suggestions?

Thank you,

Administrator
    Keymaster

WinFax Tools Fix available for this.

Edited By Moderator on 1243629177

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘Fax/modem message: error reading variables – WinFax 9.02, ACT 2000, Windows XP’ is closed to new replies.