Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    kingsclear

I am looking for answers as to how to include a greyscale logo on a Winfax cover page. The program consistently converts all output to B&W even though it says that this can be corrected by setting the print driver to “photo quality” and removing the “2D” compression. That did not work.

The company I represent requires that all of my communications by fax include their logo which happens to be greyscale. Up until now I have used ePhone Tools 4.01 but it does not support my new Multitech Super G3 modem but does produce greyscale logos in their pre-designed cover pages if you use the “logo management” feature. This feature was removed for reasons unknown with the delopement of Phone Tools eXPert.

Anonymous

From my understanding, anything on a WinFax generated cover page is B&W. The photo quality printer driver is only used with faxing from other applications using the printer driver, the cover page never uses the printer driver at all.

I’m sure you can get different results if you change the actual logo image, but I’m not sure what the best format would be to use. What formats have you tried?

kingsclear

I have run the gammut. I have tried BMP & TIF files, tried converting them using other software, etc. I don’t know why this is such an issue with fax software. I have tried a ton of different software to find one that does greyscale but with no success except for BVRP’s Phone Tools using the logo management feature only. Fax machines galore support greyscale. I find this all very frustrating. And now with Winfax gone there are only 2 companies that make fax software that is usuable…Avanquest/BVRP and FaxTalk.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.