Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    fit

I have a client who’s trying to import a fax list of 7,000 names, of which about half do not have the fax numbers (the list only shows 0000000000 where the fax number should be). WinFaxPro is prompting me to verify all of those missing numbers. Is there a way to turn off phone number verification during the import process?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@fit wrote:

I have a client who’s trying to import a fax list of 7,000 names, of which about half do not have the fax numbers (the list only shows 0000000000 where the fax number should be). WinFaxPro is prompting me to verify all of those missing numbers. Is there a way to turn off phone number verification during the import process?

What version of WinFax and what type of file format have you selected when performing the import?

fit

WinFax Pro 10. Excel original converted to a tab-delimited text file. I’ve tried to automate deleting the rows without fax numbers from Excel but can’t readily find a way to do that. I can automate the deletion of cells with specific content but haven’t found a way to automate the deletion of an entire row based on one cell’s specific content.

I was then looking for an option in WinFax that would ignore entries without fax numbers. If there is such an option, I could automate the elimination of the 0000000000 fax numbers in Excel to leave the fax number cell blank.

Or, if there’s a way to turn off phone number verification in WinFaxPro, that would eliminate verification of the 3,500 or so 0000000000 fax numbers.

Any other suggestions would be welcome, too.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Try this

Open tab-delimited text document
    Search and Replace “0000000000” with “”
    Save tab-delimited text document
    Perform import in WinFax
    Select ASCII text file.

Fax Numbers with “” (no fax number) should import without the Check Phone Number message warning, any other fax number it does not understand will be presented with a warning message.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.