Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    miclementson

I am using Windows XP Home SP2 + Office 2003. Had to fit new Hard Drive today. Installed WinFax from Disk, but could not import from MS Access Database. Thjis has caused ‘outlook.exe’ to keep running.
    I tried to uninstall WinFax, but it starts then says it cannot locate a file and therefore cannot uninstall.
    The error message I receive is “installation log file ‘C:Program filesWinFaxWFXUNIST.ISU'”
    Any thoughts on how to locate the file and complete the uninstallation.
    Secondly I will need to reinstall and then try and locate the correct path for the Database from Access. 🙁

Administrator
    Keymaster

that install file gets deleted during the uninstall process, so you can’t find a copy of it on your system. Its used by the uninstaller to determine what to uninstall and where to locate the files to uninstall. If the install failed, that file will be gone and you have several WinFax files still installed.

The easiest method to fix this issue is a reinstall of WinFax PRO 10.02 overtop the existing install.

If you get a message that you cannot install over a previous version, then you may need to delete or rename the HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/Delrina key.
    and HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Delrina key
    (don’t attempt this is you are not familiar with the Window registry)

here is a full document on manually uninstalling WinFax, but all you really need to do is the DELETING REGISTRY KEYS section for WinFax PRO 10.02 (this works for 10.02 only, not 10.03)

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….4161204

once you’ve reinstalled WinFax PRO, run the OutlookWinFax.exe patch we created in the DOWNLOADS section.
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/index.php

This will fix the Outlook hang issue in WinFax.

Edited By Moderator on 1193805945

miclementson

Thanks for the information.
    I can report that by doing a re-installation from the Disk that the program has installed correctly, and so far there is no problem with Outlook 2003.

I will get my son to Download the fix for the outlook.exe problem, to stop this happening again. He will again set up the link between WinFax and my Database in MS Access 2003. As it is an ODBC Database, we will set up the DSN for an ODBC Driver and away we go. Thanks again for the help available on this site. 😀

Administrator
    Keymaster

You’ll likely get errors when you exit Outlook 2003, if the “WinFax Fax Logs” appears as a service within Outlook 2003.

the simple fix is to run the OutlookWinFax.exe file from the downloads section. This should take care of it for you.

if that doesn’t work, you might have to manually remove the WinFax Fax Logs entry. To remove the “WinFax Fax Logs” from Outlook, right-click the entry and choose “Close WinFax Fax Logs” or click on File, Data File Management and remove it from there.

If you can’t start Outlook 2003 to remove the WinFax Fax Logs, then you can do it this way:

Click Start, go to Control Panel, click on the Mail icon, click “Data Files”, and select and remove “WinFax Fax Logs” from the list.

hope that helps.

Edited By Moderator on 1193805976

miclementson

Thanks for the latest information.
    My Son managed to remove WinFax 10.02 by working in DOS (I think). Installation then went well, and after much trial and error we got the link between WinFax and my Database in MS Access.
    The OutlookWinFax.exe download has been run & the program was working. Sent out over 400 faxes in less than 18 hours.
    A couple of problems still appear. (1) WinFax Fax Logs appeared in Outlook 2003, under Archive files. I followed your instructions and through Control Panel>Data they have been removed. (2) On booting the Computer before Windows is installed, WinFax comes up with the following error message. WinFax PRO Setup.
    Setup was unable to stop the spooler. Retry to have Setup attempt to stop the spooler again, or manually stop the spooler and click cancel, go to the Control Panel and Select Services.
    Any ideas on what this means and how to overcome it. When I hit RETRY is goes through the SetUp routine and completes and finishes it. Then Windows loads normally. Next time I boot the computer, presto the same message. 🙁

Administrator
    Keymaster

(1) WinFax Fax Logs appeared in Outlook 2003, under Archive files. I followed your instructions and through Control Panel>Data they have been removed.

Yes, this will still appear but the actual logs will be disabled. Clicking on WinFax logs will generate a non-fatal message from Outlook, instead of the usual hang-freeze. Removing the entry is done via Control Panel-Email-Data or from Outlook 2003 Data File management.

2) On booting the Computer before Windows is installed, WinFax comes up with the following error message. WinFax PRO Setup.
    Setup was unable to stop the spooler. Retry to have Setup attempt to stop the spooler again, or manually stop the spooler and click cancel, go to the Control Panel and Select Services.

click on Start, Programs, Startup

Do you have “Configuration Wizard” listed there?
    if so, delete it.

The next time you start WinFax, the setup should not start automatically.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.