Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    faxedupagain

Just got a new laptop that runs Windows XP Tablet PC. Tried to install Winfax PRO 10.03 for a day. It took forever. I kept getting an Internal Failure 0x80040707 code. Finally, I think I got it installed…partly. Now each time I boot up, the CSID,fax number, etc. window opens wanting me to complete the installation process. I hit cancel and the boot up continues to normal. I can then use Winfax but how can I get Winfax to stop wanting to complete the install during each boot up?

JohnD
    Participant

your installation didn’t complete successfully, what you can do is remove the “Configuration Wizard” link from the startup menu. This will prevent the WinFax Setup from starting everytime you boot Windows XP.

This may be all you need to do, however, you may want to run the “WTNSETUP.EXE” one more time from the WinFax PRO directory to ensure your setup is complete after removing the Configuration Wizard link from the startup menu.

faxedupagain

JohnD,

Thanks for your help. Your suggestions took care of all. WinFax PRO 10.03 runs fine and no more startup setups. Appreciate it much.

JohnD
    Participant

@faxedupagain wrote:

JohnD,

Thanks for your help. Your suggestions took care of all. WinFax PRO 10.03 runs fine and no more startup setups. Appreciate it much.

you’re welcome
    🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.