Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    dolphinren

In my group (hundreds of fax numbers), some numbers takes too long to give fax signal, some even doesn’t give fax signal at all.

How to set WinFax jump those numbers ?

Note: group is getting bigger and bigger every day, I can’t remove one by one manually.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@dolphinren wrote:

In my group (hundreds of fax numbers), some numbers takes too long to give fax signal, some even doesn’t give fax signal at all.

How to set WinFax jump those numbers ?

Note: group is getting bigger and bigger every day, I can’t remove one by one manually.

you can’t have winfax skip fax numbers that don’t answer, however, you can make WinFax hang up quicker if no fax has answered within a specfied amount of time. This is done by modifiying the initialization string S7=55 to a lower number, like S7=35 (hangs up after 35 seconds after dialing the number)

dolphinren

Thanks a lot first.

But, how or where to modify the initialization string S7=55 to a lower number ?

Can you provide a detailed steps ?

David.

Administrator
    Keymaster

1. Start Program Setup.
    2 In the list, double click Modems And Communications Devices. The Modems And Communications Devices Properties dialog appears.
    3 Click the General tab.
    4 In the devices list, click the appropriate modem.
    5 Click Properties. The Properties dialog for the selected modem appears.
    6 Click the Fax tab.
    7 In the Initialization String Sequence fields, modify the S7=55 to a lower number, for example, change it to read S7=35. Do not change any other item in the initialization string box.

dolphinren

😀
    Thanks a lot.
    😀

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.