Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have ACT! 6.0 and Winfax 10.04. CONTINUED PROBLEMS mail merging to fax broadcast. EVERY template I use stops at record 2-5 with a
    Winfax Coversheet appearing to stop the whole process. I ran the ‘page fix,’ from your tools, checkec compatibility and changed templates (as your support said that could be the problem), rebooted,
    rubbed my head and jumped up/down (at the same time) and NOTHING IS ALLOWED TO completely merge!

I used to do this ALL the time (with the same programs and using your tools for page fix/compatibility as needed) had a couple of years where I didn’t send faxes as much, and just re-signed up for this “Tools Subscription.’

WHAT is going on?
    Mike

Administrator
    Keymaster

Does WinFax successfully send when you send a single fax?
    and does ACT! perform a successful merge to a document (not to WinFax) using the sample database and template?

The WinFax PRO 10.04 update is used for fax sharing only, did you upgrade from version 10.03?
    Version 10.02 does not support ACT! fax merge. If you upgraded from 10.0, 10.01 or 10.02 to 10.04, that is a problem.

Anonymous

Yes, it sends successfully on a single; ACT! mail merges instantaneously on word processing. The 10.04 is from the original disc and which was used frequently before I
    suspended your premium service for a couple of years.

I have no clue what ‘for fax sharing only’ means.

This NOT an upgrade. So what is the problem and what is the ‘fix’ from your downloads.

Thanks,
    Mike

Administrator
    Keymaster

I have no clue what ‘for fax sharing only’ means.
    This NOT an upgrade. So what is the problem and what is the ‘fix’ from your downloads.

10.04 is an optional patch file that should ONLY be applied to an existing installation of WinFax PRO 10.03. This patch file was released by Symantec to “fix” a specific issue related to a fax sharing feature with Windows XP. If you don’t use that, or don’t know that fax sharing is then you don’t require 10.04. Since there is no direct 10.04 installation CD ROM, you would only have a WinFax PRO 10.04 version by applying this patch file to an existing WinFax installation. The problem is that this patch file can be applied to any version of WinFax and it can create problems. A common mistake is that people will download and install a 10.04 patch over their existing version of WinFax without first determining the version they currently have.

1. check and report the version of WinFax you have installed, you can do this with WinFax Tools under “WinFax Info”. Then check in WinFax under Help, About. This will also display the version information.
    2. Also report the version of ACT! 6.0 you are using. I believe the last version of ACT! 6.0 was 6.0.3

Anonymous

Winfax Tools says 10.03 and under Help: 10.04 and ACT! is 6.0.3.979

Administrator
    Keymaster

Winfax Tools says 10.03 and under Help: 10.04 and ACT! is 6.0.3.979

That checks out OK.

try a smaller list, if you’re selecting 100 contacts from your database, try selecting only 5 or 10 to see if the merge processes completely. Try holding the faxes instead of scheduling them immediately.

If that doesn’t help, try a different database. its possible there is a problem with one, or more of the contacts you are selecting in the merge.

also, its possible something is slowing the system down and preventing timely communications between WinFax and ACT!, this can cause the connection between the two programs to fail and the WinFax send screen to appear prematurely.Try temporarily disabling Anti-Virus software and turn off any other software that you don’t need open in the background. Click on Task Manager button in WinFax Tools and take note of your CPU Usage (its shown in the botton of the Task Manager dialog box) If you have frequent 100% bursts for long periods of time, it could be a problem.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.