Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    freedurt

How many modems can WinFax support? From what I see at max, two modems can be sending at one time. Is that correct or can more be added? Also, It it supports only 2 modem cards, can you install a mulit-port card (say a 4 port modem card). If so which cards are supported?

Administrator
    Keymaster

2 modems maximum can be used, but if you use a FaxBack’s NetSatisfaxion as a front end for the sending and receiving of faxes, you can use multiport cards that are supported by NetSatisfaxion
    (see http://www.faxback.com )

freedurt

Perhaps I don’t understand. Use NetSatisfaxion as a front end? Not sure how that would work…

What I need…. fax software that will support multiple modem cards and has the ability to do a mail merge like Winfax.

Administrator
    Keymaster

If you want to use WinFax for sending and receiving the faxes, the limit is 2 fax modems (not two identical software based modems)

Net Satisfaxtion is fax software that allows you to use WinFax PRO as clients. One computer handles the sending and receiving of faxes using the Net Satisifaxtion software, and the clients use WinFax PRO to generate the faxes to send (thus you can use mail merge to send the faxes). This setup is normally used in offices where each employee can send faxes on their own computer without having to actually have a phone line and fax modem installed on the PC.

freedurt

I checked out faxback, and while they do mail-merge broadcasting, the price tag is just too high. Is there another fax software provider out there that supports mail-merge broadcasting and multiple modems?

Administrator
    Keymaster

I am not aware of any lower cost software that supports higher end multi-line modems and fax merge broadcasting from Word.

FaxTalk has a 4 line software package which is available for about $150, and VentaFax also has a similar 4 line package for about $370. but I am not sure if they support any type of fax merging capability.

Another optoion is that you could run multiple WinFax Hosts, with 2 modems setup per host. the Host’s would perform the sending of the faxes, while a dedicated client PC would generate the fax merges.

Edited By Moderator on 1225339844

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.