Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pillfreak

A fresh install of XP with a fresh install of Winfax 10.

After merging from word, the faxes attempt to send but only to get a ‘no carrier’ status. they remain in the outbox and keep trying to send. they have valid fax numbers and the modems are plugged in. any ideas?

thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

No carrier generally means that the modem has dialed but there was no answer, or connection on the other end. I suggest verifying that the number dialed is a valid fax number, and that there are no dial prefixes in WinFax (or calling cards) setup that you might not be aware of.

i’m having this same problem, and i did a fresh install of everything as well.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@thesilfieszone wrote:

i’m having this same problem, and i did a fresh install of everything as well.

have you tested the modems dialing abilities using another application, such as HyperTerminal? NO CARRIER usually the result of one or more of these :

an incorrect setup of a modem , such as wrong cable in the wrong plug, or wrong/missing/outdated modem drivers from a Windows upgrade.

incorrect dialing settings in WinFax, such as pulse dial enabled when not used on a phone system, or tone enabled when not used, or an incorrect area code setting or country code setting, or other dialing prexfix codes or suffix codes that are not used.

or simply, dialing the wrong number (no fax machine answers the call)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.