Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    khua

Hi,
    we developed a windows service application to print automatically.

Every thing works fine except on XP if we select WinFax as the printer.
    And we debugged into the service, figure out that when we call the function dcPrinter.StartPage(), this function return failed.

The service works fine to print to WinFax on Windows 2000, NT.

This is wired, and if we run the service as an application and it also works fine to print to WinFax.

Any idea?

Thanks,
    We are using WinFax Pro 10.2

Anonymous

Contact Symantec and tell them you would like the SDK fix for Windows XP (WinFax PRO version 10.03)

or downgrade to WinFax PRO 10.0 or 10.01. These versions will work with Windows XP, version 10.02 Does not work with Windows XP

khua

Thanks a lot.

But I did try on WinFax Pro 10.03.
    Still, it doesn’t work.

I mean it doesn’t work on Service. It works fine on normal application.

Anonymous

@khua wrote:

Thanks a lot.

But I did try on WinFax Pro 10.03.
    Still, it doesn’t work.

I mean it doesn’t work on Service. It works fine on normal application.

from what I recall the WinFax SDK doesn’t work when using a service, that is, you can’t access SDK functions within a service since all the SDK functions rely on the WFXCTL32.EXE file, which I don’t believe is running as a service.

khua

Sorry maybe I didn’t make it clear.
    Infact we didn’t use any API from WinFax SDK at all.
    We just print to a printer.

Our product is running as a service. It will print to printer automatically when some events happen.

Everything works fine except when we select WinFax as a printer on XP, when the service starts to print to WinFax, nothing happen at all.

If we launch the application instead of running it as a service, then it works fine, when print to WinFax, it brings up the WinFax Pro Message Manager.

Even running as a service on Windows 2000 or NT, when the service prints to WinFax, it also brings up the WinFax Message Manager.

Probably this has something to do with the security context of service.
    But since other printer works fine, WinFax as a printer as well should be working fine too.

Anonymous

have you tried testing with WinFax PRO 10.00 or 10.01 versions instead? Version 10.02 has some known issues with Windows XP, and 10.03 >should< fix some of these problems but it hasn't been confirmed. Not sure if that will solve your problem, but if you have an older copy of WinFax you might want to try.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.