Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello to all,

I have been using Winfax 10.02 on a Windows 95 machine for about 2 years. It has run very well. Every once in a while (maybe once a week) we would have to reboot the computer because it would fault while receiving a fax. Considering that it processes about 70-100 faxes a day of several page amounts we could live with the reboots.

Here is the problem:

We have grown and now have several PCs in the office and would like to start using the network features in Winfax. First thing we did was buy a new computer to replace our Win95 set. This computer is an emachine 2.2 gig running Windows XP Home. I installed Winfax and now the program crashes after processing just 2 or 3 faxes. I get the usual error has been detected in wfxctl32.exe windows will now shut down the application and it asks me to send an error report to microsoft.

What I have done

I followed the procedures put out by symantec regarding this fault and still no help. If anyone out there has encounted this problem and found a fix please….fill me in…

Any suggestions are appreciated as well

Again Thanks in a advance

Anonymous

Have you rebuilt, or deleted the logs (status) files ?
    what document did Symantec send you?

Anonymous

I rebuilt the files. Symantec has a checklist of things to do when this fault appears. I got it off the knowledge base. I have it running on Windows 2000 and have had no crashes so far.

Anonymous

10.02 was supposed to be designed for Windows XP, yet they released a 10.03 to fix some problems related to Windows XP although what they fixed is unknown. You’re probably better off with Windows 2000

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.