Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I run WinFax Pro 8.0. I haven’t upgraded as I have heard the newer versions don’t work as well and I only have a couple of glitches after switching to a new hardrive and WinXp couple years back. But they are annoying glitches. Here they are if you can help.

1. I set the redial properties to 2 or more times at whatever minute interval and WinFax ALWAYS redials exactly one day later. Anyway to overcome this?

2. Have to print from fax viewer. If I print from within Receive log, the program locks up! Any fix?

I tried to uninstall to reinstall, but the application will not uninstall. A reinstall just fails. I do not object to upgrading to 10.03 if you think it will perform better, but I understand I HAVE to uninstall the previous version first.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

The redial problem is due to a Y2K bug. Unfortunately, there is no fix for this problem with WinFax PRO 8.0. It even exists for WinFax PRO 9.0, but for that version, a patch 9.03 fixed the problem. WinFax PRO 9.0x Patch Files

As for printing from the receive log, if I recall correctly if you change the view in the botton window to DETAILS (right click the bottom window) it should work. If that doesn’t work, try changing to THUMBNAIL or PAGE VIEW before you print

Edited By Moderator on 1156173352

Anonymous

Thanks for your reply. Did Symantec sell the software or just quit selling/supporting WinFax Pro? I don’t see it on their site anymore.

Anonymous

Symantec discontinued the software last month. However, this link is still available to purchase a downloadable WinFax PRO 10.03. This is a full version, so “upgrade” really doesn’t require a previous version installed. Just remember that if you purchase it, there is no telephone technical support from Symantec.

WinFax PRO 10.03 from SymantecStore Online

Edited By Moderator on 1156174138

Anonymous

So, this being the case, is there is a better option for comparable product?

Anonymous

No. Unfortunately.

Anonymous

Will the new version work better than my old version?

Anonymous

depends what you use the software for, if your sending the occasional fax, and you can live with the existing Y2K bug in WinFax PRO 8.0, then maybe it is not worth updating. WinFax PRO 9.0x and 10.x have many additional features, and I’ve used both with Windows XP successfully.

Anonymous

If I upgrade, don’t I need to remove version 8? If so, do you know how I can get it to successfully complete the removal?

Anonymous

@Ziggy wrote:

If I upgrade, don’t I need to remove version 8? If so, do you know how I can get it to successfully complete the removal?

No, you don’t need to uninstall before installing an upgrade to WinFax PRO 8.0.

See below incase of installation failure, or uninstall failure.

If uninstall fails, and you can’t uninstall using Add/Remove Programs and a reinstall fails because of the message “Cannot install until you uninstall previous version”. Here is what you can do so you can re-install WinFax PRO without the need to go through manually erasing those registry keys.

Search for file(s) WFXUNIST.ISU, WFXBOOT.INI and WFXINST.LOG. If any of these are found, delete them.

Now, reboot the PC and reinstall WinFax PRO. The “previous install” message should no longer appear.

There is no need to delete existing WinFax/Delrina registry keys, because the install will recreate any registry keys that are missing or incomplete.

Once you reinstall, you should be able to perform an uninstall if you wanted to remove the program completely.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.