Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Robbie

I’m cleaning up a windows xp machine. I have removed most of winfax. When I do a search, these are the files it found.
    C:i386WinFax.fad
    C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsSymantec WinFax PROWinFax PRO Message Manager
    C:WINDOWSWINFAX.INI
    C:WINDOWSHelpWinfax.FTS
    C:WINDOWSsystem32winfax.dll
    C:WINDOWSsystem32spooldriversw32x86WINFAX.FAD
    C:WINDOWSsystem32spooldriversw32x862WinFax.fad

Now I want to remove Livereg and this is what I get
    “Symantec livereg cannot be removed at this time because the following applications require this component:Winfax Proâ€

Administrator
    Keymaster

The only winfax files there are :

winfax.ini
    C:WINDOWSsystem32spooldriversw32x86WINFAX.FAD
    C:WINDOWSsystem32spooldriversw32x862WinFax.fad
    C:Documents and SettingsAll UsersStart MenuProgramsSymantec WinFax PROWinFax PRO Message Manager

The winfax.dll is a windows file for faxing (not winfax pro)

I would suggest downloading and running
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloa….ean.exe

this will remove all of WinFax and registry entries, and this should allow you to remove LiveReg

Edited By Moderator on 1201617950

Robbie

I ran the winfaxclean.exe, it didn’t remove anything. I tried to remove livereg again with the same results.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Robbie wrote:

I ran the winfaxclean.exe, it didn’t remove anything. I tried to remove livereg again with the same results.

save the winfaxclean.exe to your hard drive
    run winfaxclean.exe
    when the dialog box appears, click “SETUP”
    when the 2nd dialog box appears, click “CONTINUE”
    select WinFax from the list. click REMOVE

I just tested it, removed Winfax, and then LiveReg was removed without a problem.

Edited By Moderator on 1201621972

Robbie

I reinstalled winfax and then ran winfaxclean.exe, it worked and I removed livereg. Now I’m trying to install a clean copy of winfax and get message “unInstaller setup failed to initialize.You may no be able to uninstall this product”.

Robbie

I also went thru the rest of the installation and got the message “You must run setup.exe before configuration
    wizard can proceed”.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Robbie wrote:

I reinstalled winfax and then ran winfaxclean.exe, it worked and I removed livereg. Now I’m trying to install a clean copy of winfax and get message “unInstaller setup failed to initialize.You may no be able to uninstall this product”.

it sounds like you have a problem with your InstallShield installation files, probably the main reason why you had a problem uninstalling WinFax using the Add/Remove Programs.

Do you get any error code with this message?

Some suggestions:

1. Log in Windows as an Administrator and install WinFax

2. check and confirm that UNINST.ISU file has been deleted in the WINFAX directory (if it still exists)
    do not delete other copies of this file, as they are used by other programs.

3. Make sure you rebooted after the uninstall of WinFax and LiveReg,

4. Delete any temporary files in Windows.

Robbie

I also went thru the rest of the installation and got the message “You must run setup.exe before configuration
    wizard can proceed”.

Administrator
    Keymaster

It appears something is conflicting with the installation. You can try starting Windows XP in a “clean boot” state, and then install WinFax PRO.

steps 1-3 are what you would need to do, then install WinFax as you would normally do.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/310353

once completed, and you’ve rebooted Windows you can then run msconfig and turn those settings back on, as mentioned under the heading “Steps to configure Windows to use a Normal startup state”

Robbie

I I tried the clean boot and got the same results. Does anyone know what setup.exe file I need to run?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Robbie wrote:

I I tried the clean boot and got the same results. Does anyone know what setup.exe file I need to run?

Assuming that the installation of the WinFax files actually happened, then you can try this:

double-click WTNSETUP.EXE in the WINFAX directory to begin the setup of WinFax.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.