Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    shurman

I want to fax a Word document via VB. I have finished my code but I find that when I fax the document out, WFP will add a header on the document and then fax out. I just want to fax the original document, how can I remove the header? The following is my code for call winFax part.

Dim sdk_ret
    Set WinFaxSend = CreateObject("WinFax.SDKSend8.0")
    WinFaxSend.SetNumber (faxNumber)
    WinFaxSend.SetResolution (1)
    WinFaxSend.AddRecipient
    WinFaxSend.SetPrintFromApp (1)
    WinFaxSend.ShowSendScreen (0)
    WinFaxSend.Send (1)

Do While WinFaxSend.IsReadyToPrint = 0
    DoEvents
    Loop

' Print the document
    objWord.ActiveDocument.PrintOut Background:=False
    objWord.ActiveDocument.Close savechanges:=wdDoNotSaveChanges

' Wait until the EntryID is ready before moving on.
    Do While WinFaxSend.IsEntryIDReady(0) <> 1
    DoEvents
    Loop

Set WinFaxSend = Nothing
    objWord.Quit
    Set objWord = Nothing
    Administrator
    Keymaster

what do you mean by header? A header in a fax is the top portion of the fax that appears on every page. Are you referring to a cover page? or the “header” that appears on the top of every page? I think you mean cover page, in this case, you need to turn off the cover page in WinFax, or add the line of code to disable the use of a cover page (I think it is UseCoverPage(0) )

shurman

sorry that I do not state clear. What I mean is the “header” that appears on the top of every page. Does it have any method to remove it? Thanks for help

Administrator
    Keymaster

there is no SDK method to remove or alter the contents of the fax header, the fax header is defined within the WinFax setup. You can remove it there, however, I am not sure if it actually removes the header or just leaves a blank space in the area where the header should appear. I would expect it leaves the blank space at the top portion of the fax where the header should appear.

shurman

I see….
    Really thanks for your reply, actually I google this question a whole day but still cannot find the answer
    I will try to edit the set up

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.